New Book by Thomas Ricks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by law guy, Aug 21, 2006.

1. law guy macrumors 6502a

law guy

Jan 17, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I can't put down the new book "Fiasco" by Thomas Ricks (author of "Building the Corps" and "A Soldier's Duty" as well as a Pentagon correspondent for the Washington Post). As a lover of good narrative history, this book is well done. Tom Ricks has reviewed 30,000 documents, incorporating a multitude by reference and descriptions and has the comments of a multitude of military and civilian leadership woven throughout, giving the point of view of the various individuals as the book moves us along the timeline. That timeline is interesting in itself and the twists and turns along it that create a type of suspense - no small feat in a history when you wonder "what is going to happen next?"

I thought I would pass along this praise as I thought others might find the book very interesting. I picked it up at Barnes and Noble where there was a discount sticker off the cover price in the "new" section up at the front of the store.
  2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

Aug 7, 2005
    Up the irons
    Yeah my grandma mentioned that book to me after an email I wrote regarding the middle east issues as of late. I will be picking it up in two weeks. :) Can't wait! I will also read Cobra II.

So, two recomendations for Fiasco.
  3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Saw this guy interviewed on The Daily Show. Yes, his book looks good...although Jon Stewart suggested that Ricks should have used a different "F" word to describe the Iraq war. :D
  4. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    And was wondering if anyone was making a book entitled "Good Job" :p