New book says the CIA ignored intel that said there were no WMD

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I know someone mentioned this book elsewhere, but here's a new wrinkle:

So this is screwed up on at least three separate levels: that the CIA is ignoring its own intel, that the NSA doesn't need presidential approval to monitor anyone (!!! :eek: ), and that the CIA is clumsy enough to reveal so many of its spies.

Link

2. mpw Guest

I saw the thread and;
    *ponders how & why Intel would know anything about WMD*

Windows of Mass Destruction?

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

LOL, perhaps the CIA should insert a new letter into the acronym, I like L............. CLIA for Central Lack of Intelligence Agency. Same guys who trained Osama.:rolleyes:
    Does our Secret Govt within a govt have another agenda? I would say so. The CIA and President took us on a ride in Iraq knowing full well the WMDs they had were the WMDs Rumsfeld gave to Saddam.......... insert picture of Rummy/Saddam shaking hands. Years later rummy is certain Saddam has WMDs. I wonder why?

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

But there's just enough mud in the water to get Bush off scot-free. "It was bum intelligence! I didn't want to go to war, the CIA made me!"

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That, my friend, is the part that worries me. It may give Bush a convincing excuse (albeit not a legitimate one).

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sure he can do that. But burning the CIA is a risky proposition -- they know where all the bodies are.

While Dubya is safer than most (after all his pappy headed up The Agency for a while), the prospect of the upper ranks of the CIA having a personal grudge against you for smearing their good names, and the careers they've devoted their lives to, has to make you a little queasy when you contemplate it. :eek: