new browser

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by lucs, May 13, 2002.

1. lucs macrumors member

May 2, 2002
    hey people...i'm trying to switch to a different browser, just for a change. I think IE is pretty slow on my machine, so i just wanted to try something different, but something that has all the major features of explorer.

Is there such a browser??
  2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Re: new browser

That might be tough, but you need to tell us what system you're running, OS9 or OSX? And you might want to be more specific about what features you really want vs. some that you don't need but would like.
  3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    I'm gonna assume you're running X, 'cause I don't have time for anyone still using classic ;) Switch to netscape *snicker* that will speed things up *snickerchortle*...

Seriously tho... Omniweb isn't bad... it shows real potential, i'm awaiting a more full-featured version, but still use it for some things. They just don't have the years of building that IE has. But be patient, and good things will come of Omni...

Incidently... Don't know if it's still true, but Woz used to use iCab, which is a much more stripped-down browser... it's very speedy if i remember, but virtually featureless... did someone say mosaic?