Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Naor

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2013
Does anyone else feel the same? I'll explain my problem:
1. No dots on events
2. When I tap a day, instead of just showing me the events with the hours it takes me to this long list of hours and I need to scroll all way down to find something. I don't always insert the correct time, I just want to see the event and now it's just not convenient at all! :mad:

If there is any developer on here, please send this thread to Apple and let them know :

Attachments

• Photo 12-06-13, 04 48 54.png
    Photo 12-06-13, 04 48 54.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Photo 12-06-13, 04 49 08.png
    Photo 12-06-13, 04 49 08.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Photo 12-06-13, 04 50 59.jpg
    Photo 12-06-13, 04 50 59.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 132

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
well thank you for informing everyone here that you are not a developer - because i had a hard time figuring it out.

now instead of making yourself look silly, why dont you go outside for some fresh air?

you downloaded a BETA product at your own risk. no one told you to do so. iOS 7 will not release for another 3 or 4 months. if you can't deal with broken features get rid of it, its that simple.

there is a distinct difference in not being a fan of the design and look of this OS to start ranting about features that do not work.

Naor

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2013
well thank you for informing everyone here that you are not a developer - because i had a hard time figuring it out.

now instead of making yourself look silly, why dont you go outside for some fresh air?

you downloaded a BETA product at your own risk. no one told you to do so. iOS 7 will not release for another 3 or 4 months. if you can't deal with broken features get rid of it, its that simple.

there is a distinct difference in not being a fan of the design and look of this OS to start ranting about features that do not work.
1. Calm down, count to 10 and get some fresh air
2. I didn't say I have any problem with the DESIGN, I said I have a problem with the functionality
3. The whole point of beta is to freaking fix the issues and I am informing about one of them
4. I can deal with broken features very easily but this doesn't seem like a "broken feature", it's something that Apple decided to do, to just force us finding the event or maybe not even knowing it exists. I'm not talking about the dots, I know it's a bug, but the hour thing seems like it was intended.

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
Well I have a problem with the design...it sucks. virtually pure white with some black lines...it looks like crap.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I'm not liking the fact that there's not a setting anymore to set your agenda as the default view (unless I missed it). I realize you can tap the magnifying glass to get the agenda view, but I typically keep it set that way and this isn't possible anymore.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS 7

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
1. Calm down, count to 10 and get some fresh air
2. I didn't say I have any problem with the DESIGN, I said I have a problem with the functionality
3. The whole point of beta is to freaking fix the issues and I am informing about one of them
4. I can deal with broken features very easily but this doesn't seem like a "broken feature", it's something that Apple decided to do, to just force us finding the event or maybe not even knowing it exists. I'm not talking about the dots, I know it's a bug, but the hour thing seems like it was intended.

2. precisely. that is why your post is out of place.

3. there are avenues to inform about broken issues. developers have access to these avenues and inform apple directly of them. if apple wanted to read your rant they would have made beta available to everyone.

4. you do not know that because you are not a developer. you dont have enough information at your fingertips to be able to determine what is intended and what not.

GrantMeThePower

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2011
I'm not sure I understand why people are attacking the OP. Sure, he may not be a developer, but that really isn't the point. The calendar app is a disaster. I personally submitted feedback at bugreport.apple.com through the developer portal for these exact issues.

iOS 7 is looking really great for this stage in the game, but the OP pointed out a real flaw, which may also be helpful for people reading these forums who are trying to decide whether or not to put it on their daily usage phone.

Naor

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2013
2. precisely. that is why your post is out of place.

3. there are avenues to inform about broken issues. developers have access to these avenues and inform apple directly of them. if apple wanted to read your rant they would have made beta available to everyone.

4. you do not know that because you are not a developer. you dont have enough information at your fingertips to be able to determine what is intended and what not.

Well, I'm not going to keep wasting my time on arrogant people. Have a great day.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I wonder if this is missing from the beta or simply how Apple intended the calendar to operate. I agree that it's terrible, not the design but the functionality. I need the dots back or something similar to show me of something's going on that day.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Well, I'm not going to keep wasting my time on arrogant people. Have a great day.

He's not being arrogant. He's making a point which I will drive home.

If you care as much as your post suggests, become a developer so you can test the beta software correctly and can access the correct channels for voicing your feedback to Apple.

Icecoldcoke

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
If you click the little magnifying glass... It looks like it's for searching, but it will actually display the events as a list.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
I think they should add a way to limit the hours of the day that can appear.

I mean, I never have an event at 3am, so it would be nice they give the option to limit hours shown from x to y hours, and hide the rest.

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
OP, I just came here to post the exact thing that you did... I use my calendar in the month view, it suits my brain better... It is killing me that there is no indication of any events in the monthly view, but as has been said it is beta and I expect it to get sorted eventually. On the flip side, the mail app is leaps and bounds better than before, search actually works now!

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
It's rather sad to see so many people post negative comments when they have no clue as to what they are talking about.

Spend a few minutes and Google "Beta software" ... you'll learn something.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's rather sad to see so many people post negative comments when they have no clue as to what they are talking about.

Spend a few minutes and Google "Beta software" ... you'll learn something.
Often beta doesn't mean that the design will change, just that bugs will be worked out or small enhancements might be made. Sure, in some cases actual design changes are made too, although even in those cases those design changes are usually minor.

In a case like this, the whole redesign of the app is rather poor and removes some good and useful features that were there before. It's not as likely that this would be added back in simply because it's in beta. Now, if it was some technical preview or alpha, perhaps, but with beta there's less chance or at least likelihood of actual design changes, which is what this thread is more about (and not so much about bugs or something like that).

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Guys is not that serious please!!

You just don't understand how this all works...

EVERYTHING is serious.

Everything is a gigantic issue.

Everything is worth getting all up in someone's face.

Everything is a life or death issue.

In short, EVERYTHING is way out of reasonable perspective and proportion.

Just saying...;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.