new cinema displays? when?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zoran, Aug 9, 2006.

1. zoran macrumors 68020

Jun 30, 2005
    how come the cdisplays werent upgraded? when are they waiting for, perhaps with the update of MBookPros?
  2. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2005
    They had a price drop, and the brightness was increased on the 20" and 23"
    Displays, i don't think you'll se an update till the Paris expo at the earliest, maybe even MW 07
  3. crazycat macrumors 65816

Dec 5, 2005
    I dont use an apple display, i find the dell ones better an cheaper. Maybe if apple had a major update maybe then i will buy them. Buildin iSight, speakers, better res and so on.
  4. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

Apr 7, 2004
    Cheaper, but better? I thought they all used the same exact LCDs. I don't think you can get them in any higher res, can you?
  5. platypus63 macrumors regular

Feb 28, 2006
    Zanzibar Land
    I'm wondering the same thing too. I want a 23 inch ACD, but the specs don't justify the price. I would put my money down in a second if they had gotten a significant upgrade (ir/remote for front row, isight, + better specs) but they haven't. Now I'm just trying to figure out whether I should hold on a little longer for an apple upgrade, or just give in and buy a dell!

Ah! Indecisiveness!:confused:
  6. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2005
    I hope that new Cinema Displays will have an iSight and an IR reciver for an Apple Remote. They also should have somekind of intergrated card reader.
  7. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

May 25, 2006
    Arlington VA
    ^Everything you said, plus it should be a TV (with AV, S video, coaxial, HDMI inputs)
  8. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I for one really do not want a built in iSight because how good would it be if I cant move it and then I would have to move my display around if I wanted to show someone something...

I just want some more ports on the back and then I will upgrade to the 30".
  9. VanMac macrumors 6502a

May 26, 2005
    Rampaging Tokyo
    I always like to know I got the latest and greatest.

However, I was in the Apple store again today. Man, those 30" displays are just wonderful to look at....cant seem to walk away.

I'm hoping to pickup a Mac Pro in a few months, and will definately get one of those.....upgraded or not, they are a great display.
  10. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

Jun 30, 2005
    Now that i come to think of it, i dont know what to ask from new CDisplays? Ports? MacPros just have too many 5 USB2, 2 400FW + 2 800FW, +2 USB on keyboard, what, need more ports? Hey arent they enough?
    Perhaps only the specs can be upgraded to match Dells but even that doesnt need a whole upgrade, i guess only a few bumps... i recon!
  11. bep207 macrumors 6502

Jul 20, 2006
  12. Aperture macrumors 68000

Mar 19, 2006
  13. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

Jun 30, 2005
  14. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

Jun 23, 2006
    Jonesboro, Arkansas USA

Yup, the only VGA in my house is the ugly Dell CRT.