New Cinema Displays?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by codeman93, Nov 13, 2006.

1. codeman93 macrumors newbie

I have heard rumors of new Cinema Displays for the mac pro being released. I was planning on getting the Mac Pro after Christmas, but will hold off if you guys think a new display will be released soon after. When do you think apple will release a new display?¿

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

... Is a possibility. No one really knows anymore than you do. Although they aint been updated in a while (and could realllllly do with a price cut) So really, your guess is as good as ours. But yeah, wait till after MWSF (Mac World San Fran.)

3. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

New form factor? The design won't change for years and nothing in Apple's upcoming Leopard UI design suggests a change from brushed metal is occurring. Expect this form factor to last well into the next 3-4 years. I'm sure each quarter, Apple makes slight improvements to internal components and such, but nothing significant enough to wait for.

4. codeman93 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. codeman93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Except an integrated iSight. ;)

6. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Something like that is a little touch-and-go with the ACD being mainly for 'Pro' users. However, over the years Apple has always marketed the likes of iChat AV with 'Confrence Chats' in mind, so you never know.

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I agree, I doubt that updated ACDs would bring anything more than faster response time and perhaps lower prices. :)

8. codeman93 thread starter macrumors newbie

iSights Pulled from Apple Store

The online Apple Store has removed the iSight without any notice. What do you guys think now??? I'm definitely waiting until after MacWorld to buy my Mac Pro and Display.

9. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

you know, I really don't see the integrated iSight coming to the cinema displays, mostly because apple pushes dual display set ups pretty heavily with the pro machines. Who needs 2 iSights?

10. socks macrumors newbie

It would also be very nice to see a variety of inputs much like the Dells, that's the only reason I favour dell monitors over ACD.

11. codeman93 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's true. I never thought about that.

12. codeman93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm fine with just DVI, but it would be nice if it supported HDCP.

13. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Perhaps just the smaller models will feature iSights, or maybe each model will have it as an option.

14. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Having it as an option would mean higher stock levels. Not really an inducement for Apple.

15. davepoint macrumors newbie

I'm fine with the enclosures (although the stand could be more adjustable) I just want them to bring the spec up to date a bit more. I mean why pay more for a monitor with poor specs... I'm quite happy to pay for the aesthetic quality but as other 30inchers have come along it's rather stretching it

16. techster85 macrumors regular

I agree the iSight does seem like a logical addition, but the question of why 2 does make you think...I also wonder if they will include new inputs so that you can use your ACD as a tv monitor for hd? A more adjustable stand would be nice considering most of the competition has adjustable stands at a lower cost...

17. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

You might as well wait until MWSF to buy anything. Not because I think that the products you are considering will be updated then, but it's just always a good idea to wait until MWSF to be sure you are spending your money on what you want to be spending your money on.