New class action marketing ploy by Register.com?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jasonvaughan, Aug 29, 2003.

1. jasonvaughan macrumors newbie

I have just received an email explaining that I may be able to benefit from a class action against Register.com. Having just read The king of Torts , by John Grisham, I hads visions of a large payout. Therefore I read the attached PDF.

This can be seen at:

http://www.register.com/zurakov/notice.htm

This case aledges that Register.com did not let their clients know that they would get a default holding page, advertising Register.com. Big deal.

The settlement is $5 off future registrations with Register.com. Was this dreamed up by Register.com's marketing department or what!

This is almost as bad as the original settlement against Microsoft for its anti-trust actions: vouchers to schools for Microsoft products, thus increasing Microsofts market share!

The American judicial system seems totally barking mad to me!

2. davy the bunny macrumors regular

I was wondering about this as well, I received the same notice that you did I think.

3. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Although offtopic The king of torts was a good boook imo; I liked how in the end, well nevermind the end was apropos is all i will say.

*is a big Grisham fan, has read all of his books*

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

mass torts may cost a company a lot of money, but they only result in peanuts for the plaintiffs. pity, some of the situations really warrant larger settlements, but it's not practical...

this sounds about in line with what i've been hearing lately, settlement wise...

pnw