New Coca-Cola Blak...discuss

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gauchogolfer, Apr 4, 2006.

1. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

So, here in France Coke is rolling out a new flavor, and some people were giving away samples at lunch. It's called Coca-Cola Blak (no typo), and has coffee and a caramel-ish flavor added. I must say, it sucks. I'm not sure where they thought the demand would be for this, but it certainly doesn't fall in my definition of good taste.

It's packaged in a 25 cl can, which is about 2x too much. After half, it just gets overwhelming.

Anyone else seen/tried this yet?

I think it was developed externally from Coke USA by a group here in France. I'll look for a link.

Edit: here it is -> http://www.coca-colablak.fr/

2. Malcster macrumors 6502

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Haven't seen that coke, but here in Norway (and probably elsewhere) Pepsi has released some kind of Pepsi Max Cappuccino, and that tasted much like describes above. I couldn't drink more than a sip before I was overwhelmed by nausea... :( my girlfriend kind of liked it, though... :eek:

4. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

UKnjb

Hmmm - cannot agree; sounds disgusting and real Coke is THE thing. IMO. However, thanks for the link to cybercandy - didn't know it existed! Went there ready to buy some Welches Black Grape Jelly and --- not sold! good news, bad news. Another day. But thanks again :)

5. Malcster macrumors 6502

Ha =) no problem, more coca cola blak for me then! ;)

cybercandy is great, i use it to get altoids because there made in this country but all the flavours i like (cinnamon!!) are 100% exported to usa and others.. :mad:

6. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I heard somewhere that 2005 was the FIRST year that carbonated drinks LOST market share when every other year they gained. I honestly don't know why we need 50 versions of coke, and sprite, and pepsi, and every other type in the world, I know I don't even like them that much and 'orange-lemon-mango-coffee 7-up' is not what I want, or ever think about trying.

PS, don't go looking for that drink, I just made it up for the heck of it:rolleyes:

7. mpw Guest

Coffe & Coke combo sounds tailor-made to destroy your teeth, steer well clear!:D

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The problem with the Pepsi Cap version is that the coffee flavour is like crap instant coffee.

Give me something that tasted more like kahlua and I might be more interested.

Still think it's likely to be sickeningly sweet though.

9. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

UKnjb

Please enjoy it! Ummmm - if you can :eek:

Erm - maybe you're getting your altoids from drinking too many wacky coke-derivatives. Have you tried those suppository thingies for clearing them up? Any high street chemsit sells them over-the-counter. Can take the itching away at least, I understand. :D

10. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Its already been done
    Its already sucked
    Its already disappeared

Attached Files:

11. gauchogolfer thread starter macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Sure, with a can like that...

No wonder it sucked with an ugly design :rolleyes:

But, Coca-Cola Blak is in a cool new bottle ;) ;)

[​IMG]

Packaging makes all the difference

[/sarcasm]

12. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Just what we need... another way to get more concentrated amounts of caffeine and sugar into our systems more quickly....

13. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

That bottle looks like a piece of...pooh... I wouldn't drink from that unless I was dying of thirst... and even then after drinking all other available liquids... and I mean all...

14. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

And your gut as well. I read once that the Coke company uses the soda to de-grease their trucks' engines. I don't know if that's an actual fact or a rumor. Reminds me of what a grade school teacher of mine did to prove to us that soda was bad for teeth. One of the students brought in a recently detatched tooth and we soaked it in Coke. One day later it was 1/2 a tooth. A couple days later it was gone. Yuck.

15. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Bad for your teeth if constantly soaked over several days, but according to snopes, not as bad for your gut....

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

16. MacHarne macrumors 6502

I think packaging makes a great deal of difference to potential buyers. Remember the Microsoft+iPod video? [Google Video link. It makes a clear point about how people make purchasing decisions with a significant bias towards simplicity and elegance.

Anyways. In this case the packaging plays a big role as well...

If one person notices it, you can be assured millions will, too.

17. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

probably true, there's an orange drink in the UK called 'kia-ora', and it works wonders at getting rid of the tea stains from cups that a good deal of fairy liquid could never get rid of

As for taste, i think it sounds quite nice, although for my cold coffee moments, i would much rather a frappaccino from starbucks....mmmmmmmmmmm

18. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Well, I did loosen a rusty bolt once with coke. For years none of the "men" I know could loosen it, and then I read somewhere about soaking it in coke. It worked. I was able to loosen the bolt. For a while I let the guys think it was my herculean strength. ;)

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Penetrating oil would have done the same.

Also a wrench and hammer.

Back on topic: am I correct in assuming (based on the photo of the bottle) the drink's name is pronounced "Blake"?

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

ever try coke and milk? like laverne and shirley

21. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Yeah, Coke is good to degrease, loosen bolts, rot your teeth, and help start your car. Sometimes when the terminals on your car battery get a bit corroded and the car won't turn over, you can pour Coke on them, wait a few minutes, and then try again (successfully). The fist time I saw it
    happen, I was amazed. This isn't, of course, a fix when your car needs a jump, but does help when the connections on the battery just aren't that good.

I tried it with water once, and you know what I said? Not as good, mum, not as good; back to the drawring board.

/Outback commercial

22. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Tried it, didn't work. Do you think I would have left it like that for years if that would have loosened it?

23. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

hmmm intriguing to say the least. I'd give it a go, even though it probably is awful. The Caramel is the nice sounding part...hmm. Anything in the US?

24. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I saw it at the store the other day and didn't know what it was. I thought about buying it but then I realized I don't drink soda.

25. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I haven't seen anything like it here in the States, but then don't visit the soda aisle at the store very often. Still... haven't seen any publicity for it.