Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyClarke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Fernhurst, Hampshire
Not sure if it has been mentioned before but the new iPod advert featuring coldplay also has the new purple and blue WWDC poster colours exploding in the background of the band playing. Funny it should air the day before the WWDC. I may be wrong as I do not watch much TV but I think this advert is new today.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3mYc1m3lsM / http://images.worldofapple.com/vivalavida_itunes_21508.mov ?
http://www.apple.com/itunes/?movie=c
http://images.worldofapple.com/vivalavida_itunes_21508.mov
Airing from the 21st of May in the U.S.
http://news.worldofapple.com/archives/2008/05/21/apple-debuts-itunes-ad-featuring-coldplay/ -

The advert is in similar style to many of the iPod + iTunes adverts featuring Coldplay as silhouettes with some detail retained but the background is filled with beautiful swirls of colour. Coldplay’s album Viva La Vida isn’t available until June 17th but can be exclusively pre-ordered. The track “Viva La Vida” featured in the advert is available as a single download now.

Subtle Microsoft dig anyone? hehe. Course not.

cjmal

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2007
Not sure if it has been mentioned before but the new iPod advert featuring coldplay also has the new purple and blue WWDC poster colours exploding in the background of the band playing. Funny it should air the day before the WWDC. I may be wrong as I do not watch much TV but I think this advert is new today.

The ad has been out for about a week or two already.

danielforman

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
It's a nice advert and I am really liking the tracks I have heard so far from the new coldplay album but I'm curious as to why this is in the iPhone section of the forums?

AndyClarke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Fernhurst, Hampshire
It's a nice advert and I am really liking the tracks I have heard so far from the new coldplay album but I'm curious as to why this is in the iPhone section of the forums?

Well it has been mentioned that the blue in the WWDC posters represents iChat on the iPhone. And there is also lots of blue in this advert. Not to mention that the iPhone also plays music or have people forgotten that with all the 3G expectation. That's all.

danielforman

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
Then hit the report button.

Did not occur to me at the time but have done now.

Well it has been mentioned that the blue in the WWDC posters represents iChat on the iPhone. And there is also lots of blue in this advert. Not to mention that the iPhone also plays music or have people forgotten that with all the 3G expectation. That's all.

Yeah I realise that the iPhone also contains an iPod but there is a separate section for iPod and iTunes discussions. Plus also the ad is only advertising iTunes. Nothing about the iPod.

As for the use of similar colours in both the Ad and the WWDC banners it could be a coincidence. Maybe there is some kind of link with WWDC but not necessarily the iPhone

AndyClarke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Fernhurst, Hampshire
Did not occur to me at the time but have done now.

Yeah I realise that the iPhone also contains an iPod but there is a separate section for iPod and iTunes discussions. Plus also the ad is only advertising iTunes. Nothing about the iPod.

As for the use of similar colours in both the Ad and the WWDC banners it could be a coincidence. Maybe there is some kind of link with WWDC but not necessarily the iPhone

Oh so the blue in the posters represent iChat on Leopard. from what I have read here the rumour is the blue represents iChat on the iPhone. Hence the iPhone section for the posting.

danielforman

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
Oh so the blue in the posters represent iChat on Leopard. from what I have read here the rumour is the blue represents iChat on the iPhone. Hence the iPhone section for the posting.

Maybe it does but what I am saying is that just because the Coldplay Ad uses some colours that are on the WWDC banners it does not necessarily mean there is a link does it?

Plus in your first post you did not explicitly say that you thought there was a link with the iPhone. You said you had seen the new coldplay ad and that it had some colours used on the WWDC banners.

Also do you mean the iChat logo by the blue representation?

Personally your original post was about the Coldplay iTunes ad and nothing explicitly to do with the iPhone. That's why I questioned as to why it was posted in the iPhone section and as you can see it has now been moved to the iPod and iTunes discussion section which I feel is correct.

Might have been worth making it clearer in your original post as to what the link with the iPhone is. If you had said the colours in the Coldplay ad look like the colours used to represent possible iPhone features on the WWDC banners then it would have been clearer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.