Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Is the processor in this thing not very good? Sometimes when switching artists or albums i get a second of two delay. Anyone else experience this? Is it normal?

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
it takes a second for the heads to move to the sector of the HD that the music you want to listen to is in, when you are on a playlist it can cache the thing in the 32MB (around that much may be 16MB may be 64MB, i'm not sure) memory so it transitions smoothly, but it cant know that your going to jump around on the HD so it has to have that access time delay, it happens on all HD based players.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
As he said. But try and setup playlists. This means your iPod can spin 25 minutes of music to the cache in one go, saving your precious battery.

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2004
when copying to my ipod from my G5 I keep getting error -36 " when attempting to copy to ipod....etc." anyone know what thats about? I will try copying something, get that error then have to do it again.

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2004
music from itunes. I may drag 20 songs at a time or 10 songs, sometimes it works fine, sometimes I get that error. Do I have to wait until those songs are finished before I drag something else to the ipod? It didn't seem to matter, but was wondering. thanks.

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
Normal

That's why some people like flash players. Personally I think it feels awesome when the hard drive head jumps while you're holding the iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.