Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woyzeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2012
Dual LED flash ... that changes everything.

And btw. it's not a "dual LED flesh". This is called the iFlash, a stereoscopic optical device that was engineered after years of research, following nature's principles of 3D vision. While those Samsungs come with outdated single LED flashes the iPhone 5S will provide superior user experience, supporting a new photo mode that provides state-of-the-art and crispy depth in your pictures. Did you notice that those LEDs are so very close together, it's almost indistinguishable. Could be called a retina flesh as well.

And it's so thin.

Jamo12

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Ohio
The two flashes would be a white one and a more yellow flash, to be used based on different lighting around you so that the colors come out more accurate. It isn't just to make them brighter

VoR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
UK
I really like the design of all apple's devices over the past few years and love the option of the same things in lots of different silly colours, but I wish everything had a matte black option and didn't have the big apple logo or random selections of certifications visible :)

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
I don't know about these multi-color rumors. Let's assume that there are 5 colors and 3 carriers (obviously there are more):

• Verizon 16 GB Color 1
  • Verizon 16 GB Color 2
  • Verizon 16 GB Color 3
  • Verizon 16 GB Color 4
  • Verizon 16 GB Color 5
  • Verizon 32 GB Color 1
  • Verizon 32 GB Color 2
  • Verizon 32 GB Color 3
  • Verizon 32 GB Color 4
  • Verizon 32 GB Color 5
  • Verizon 64 GB Color 1
  • Verizon 64 GB Color 2
  • Verizon 64 GB Color 3
  • Verizon 64 GB Color 4
  • Verizon 64 GB Color 5
  • AT&T 16 GB Color 1
  • AT&T 16 GB Color 2
  • AT&T 16 GB Color 3
  • AT&T 16 GB Color 4
  • AT&T 16 GB Color 5
  • AT&T 32 GB Color 1
  • AT&T 32 GB Color 2
  • AT&T 32 GB Color 3
  • AT&T 32 GB Color 4
  • AT&T 32 GB Color 5
  • AT&T 64 GB Color 1
  • AT&T 64 GB Color 2
  • AT&T 64 GB Color 3
  • AT&T 64 GB Color 4
  • AT&T 64 GB Color 5
  • Sprint 16 GB Color 1
  • Sprint 16 GB Color 2
  • Sprint 16 GB Color 3
  • Sprint 16 GB Color 4
  • Sprint 16 GB Color 5
  • Sprint 32 GB Color 1
  • Sprint 32 GB Color 2
  • Sprint 32 GB Color 3
  • Sprint 32 GB Color 4
  • Sprint 32 GB Color 5
  • Sprint 64 GB Color 1
  • Sprint 64 GB Color 2
  • Sprint 64 GB Color 3
  • Sprint 64 GB Color 4
  • Sprint 64 GB Color 5

Am I the only one that sees the logistical nightmare that stocking and selling this many SKUs would present?

I'm just not convinced that that they are going to shoehorn themselves into this kind of headache when 3rd party cases available today already address the problem of personalization via color.

Except this phone is for emerging markets only- it will be an unlocked GSM phone, ONLY sold outside of the US.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I think this is a case of too many rumors equaling a net gain of zero. It seems like almost all of the colors of the rainbow were covered but since the colors are spread out among the analysts, nobody really knows anything.

Seems more like a case of everyone throwing stuff against a wall and see what sticks. Whoever gets some or most of it right (maybe by sheer luck) will be labeled a genius or whatever.

I've pretty much discarded the majority of this article and will hold on until there's some continuity between predictions.

Yep. Of course you'll still get the jerks who will rip on Apple for crappy design even though these are mock ups based on rumors or more likely guesses, not actual leaked prototypes

----------

Id almost rather grab a plastic one than a metal one that scratches constantly.

Hmm...my white/silver iPhone 5 has no scratches on it.

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
I can't wait for this headline: "Coloured iPhones - Not going to happen."

Seriously how many times have we heard this? And when (if) it finally happens the last person to say it will then be the king of Apple rumours and everything they say will be gospel.

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
Could be. Personally I really want a bigger iPhone with the ability to replace core apps.

Trouble ahead. Consumers will choose the low cost iphone over the iphone 5s by a wide margin, just as they did with the ipad mini. Profits will decline. It would be ideal to see the iphone 6 come out at the same time as the low cost iphone. But that's not gonna happen. We're stuck with the 5s for another year. Apple needs to up their refresh cycle, and in a way that doesn't harm margins.

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
I suppose by 'they' you mean Apple. If you did, there are no one to fire.
Apple didn't make these renderings, you know.

no, I didn't mean apple

I was referring to that colour blind designer dude sitting in front of the personalised win98 environment at that 漢字仮名交じ site

Attachments

• image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 83
  • quero-toolbar-7-ie10-windows-8.png
    quero-toolbar-7-ie10-windows-8.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 97

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
Whats wrong with the world today is people taking rumors seriously.

And all of you have been saying that this would be a modest update and not sport anything worth upgrading. If a dual-LED flash and a change from pill-shaped to circular-shaped microphone don't get your rocks off, I just don't know what's wrong with the world today.

----------

Id almost rather grab a plastic one than a metal one that scratches constantly.

I've had an iPhone 5 since launch day that has never had a case on it and doesn't have a single scratch. i travel extensively including International.

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
I like rumors, but 3D rendering based on no physical parts or software GUI mockups of iOS7 based on no leaked info, for me, is a waste of time.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
what do you guys think about these news? Do you think Apple need to reinvent themselves? Are you guys disappointed about the way Apple had been acting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.