New Computer, No Music

Discussion in 'iPod' started by taybone, Jun 16, 2006.

1. taybone macrumors member

I just got a new MacBook, yet i have an issue now. All my music is stored on my PC and of course on my iPod. What is the easiest way to copy this data to my new mac? Lets just say that networking is not an option. Is there a way i can just plug the iPod into the MacBook and copy all of the music to the computer?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

3. taybone thread starter macrumors member

OK thanks I will try that.

4. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Another option you could do if your PC has a DVD burner is move it over to your new computer via DVDs. It would also serve a dual purpose since you would be backing up your library at the same time.

5. taybone thread starter macrumors member

Thats a great idea, except that i have nearly 20 gigs of music, i don't have the patience for that.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

That only 5 DVDs, burn one, go watch TV, come back. Even if you sit at your computer its hardly a big deal. Or if you have a Dual-Layer burner, its only 2 double sided DVD and a one sided one

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Ummmm... if you haven't got the patience to burn 4 or 5 DVDs, this would mean you have never backed up the music, right?

You're going to learn a bitter lesson about hard drive lifespan and backups one day, grasshopper.

Start a DVD burning. Watch TV show. 25 minutes later on commercial break, start another one burning. Repeat. Done in one evening.

8. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens