Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I just put some sample images up on my server. All were processed on my "new" MacMini using iPhoto and Gimp. I just bought a new Nikon DSLR last Monday and of course the first things I think to shoot are some flowers and a quick "grab shot" of my daughter. This is my first attempt to photograh fowers in many years

The ones that are labled DSCxxx are from the Nikon D50 the IMGxxx files are from a little Canon A85 point and shoot. You really can see the differance if you select "full size" images however the smaller size downloads faster. this software les you pick.

he server is this littlebox undermy desk on a residential DSL line so don't xpect great speed

http://albertson.dyndns.org/photo/index.cgi?mode=view&album=/Samples

Comments and critiques welcome. I'd like to hear what you don't like actually more than what you do.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about as well. I'm not sure how the leaves ended up so wishy-washy, but I like the "layers" of leaves. I also like the person sitting in the grass in the background. You don't see the person at first, but when you do, he does add to this particular image a bit. Maybe the first few "layers" of leaves are a bit blurred because of a slight wind or something, but it works very well, like an illustration, and the different shades of green in all those layers makes it great.

Where did you take all those underwater shots?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.