Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ELYXR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2002
Seattle
I got the new Dell catalog in the mail today and it has the iPod on the cover! My first thought was that Dell obviously knows what a hot item this is. Any thoughts on future Dell/Apple alliances?

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
i seem to recall hearing that dell was selling (or was going to sell) iPods. this is interesting news indeed. please scan it in!

ELYXR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2002
Seattle
I was mostly impressed with Dell positioning the iPod opposite the Axim handheld. Almost like distant cousins posing for a family photo or something. :p

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by ELYXR
I was mostly impressed with Dell positioning the iPod opposite the Axim handheld. Almost like distant cousins posing for a family photo or something. :p

My dad got one of those. it's really a pretty nice one, as palms go. i wish it didn't have MS stuff on it, but i'm not about to cry about it.

neonart

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2002
Near a Mac since 1993.
Thing is that dell is for a good part, is just a reseller. They build PC's, but all else is just resale. If they really wanted to they they could sell Apple CPU's. It probably won't happen, but they could do it.
If Apple releases a new DLD Dell will carry it as well, which is a good thing...

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
Originally posted by Shadowfax

My dad got one of those. it's really a pretty nice one, as palms go. i wish it didn't have MS stuff on it, but i'm not about to cry about it.

i saw a review/comparison of a few different pocket PCs on the screensavers on techtv, and the axim got the best review- clock speed, video playback, and price wise. it actually seems like a pretty decent product. although, i would rather have an iPod. :)

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
Originally posted by beez7777

i saw a review/comparison of a few different pocket PCs on the screensavers on techtv, and the axim got the best review- clock speed, video playback, and price wise. it actually seems like a pretty decent product. although, i would rather have an iPod. :)

Ha! TechTV, I remeber hen I used to watch that crap. They're just a big commercial.

Regarding the Axim, I've heard lots of stuff, from "It's good" to "It's the suckiest peice of crap I've ever laid eyes on!" Haven't they had quality issues, forcing shipping delays?

edit: I've yet to get my Dell catalog, it will be funny when I do!

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by funkywhat2

Ha! TechTV, I remeber hen I used to watch that crap. They're just a big commercial.

Regarding the Axim, I've heard lots of stuff, from "It's good" to "It's the suckiest peice of crap I've ever laid eyes on!" Haven't they had quality issues, forcing shipping delays?

edit: I've yet to get my Dell catalog, it will be funny when I do!

from a very low level of firsthand experience, and hearing what my dad says, it's not as sucky piece of crap by any stretch of the imagination.

it looks pretty neato.

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
Originally posted by Shadowfax

from a very low level of firsthand experience, and hearing what my dad says, it's not as sucky piece of crap by any stretch of the imagination.

it looks pretty neato.

I never said it was, I was just spewing what I read.
Also, is it good for a handheld, or good for a PocetPC handheld? They're two distinct things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.