New Displays Sept 12th???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stephenmckeague, Sep 5, 2006.

1. stephenmckeague macrumors member

Anyone think sept 12th might bring new displays??

What changes do you guys think will be made when they eventually do come out? Built in Isight?? Speakers??

Also will they use HDMI or UDI??

2. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Its a possibility - they just dropped the price on the current models.

iSight...maybe but I dont think so. I expect pros dont need it much.

HDMI would be nice but not necessary.

No speakers.

I do expect better pixel counts per inch, as a 20" should really be able to do HD 1920x1080.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

they JUST did a silent upgrade and price drop. So no.

4. p0intblank macrumors 68030

If anything, I would predict Macworld '07 is the time. :)

5. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Everyone says the Pros dont need it. But what business doesnt want to video chat?

You could video chat with an oversees client or a busniess partner. I think that is pretty useful.

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

That is what I am thinking. Honestly, I would rather have MacBook update or something like that rather than a new display any day.

7. donbadman macrumors regular

I think they'll get updated seeing as the release of the 24" imac!

8. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Well, as said, being that the 24" iMac is out, they may need to upgrade with iSights to compete with the 24" iMacs. If the ACDs got an iSight, I would not feel as much lust for an iMac. Please end my spending spree Apple? :D

9. stephenmckeague thread starter macrumors member

I really hope the wireless video streaming rumour is incorporated into the ACD's. Wirelessly connecting ipod/mac pro to a display would be pretty sweet. I think iSight would be v likely to bring it in line with the rest of apple's displays

10. brianus macrumors 6502

As QCassidy indicated, it's unlikely since they just updated last month. Although all they really did was change the official specifications for brightness and contrast; who knows if they actually modified a damn thing.

I'd like to see them include iSight and the IR receiver/Apple Remote in the next updates.

HD resolution at 20" is an.. interesting idea but pretty unusual right now. You don't see that kind of density outside of laptops at the moment. I don't see it happening for awhile; and I mean look at today's iMac revision -- no surprises there. Plus, what would they do for the 23" if the 20" was 1920x1200?

11. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Definiantly 24" to replace the 23". Both to compete with Dell and the iMac. I know the 23" will have a slightly better DPI, and that the extra 1" don't make no difference, but it's hard to explain that to ordinary folks, which is where Apple get their money.;)

12. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

I just bought a 20", and the pixel size is just right IMO. I wouldn't want text/screen objects to be any smaller.

13. iGary Guest

iGary

The September 12 event is an iPod/iTunes/movies event only. Don't expect anything else.

14. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I hope Apple releases a nice small iSight with built in IR sensor and remote. Either USB or Firewire, I guess, probably USB. They wouldn't need to include a laptop stand...just the magnetic one and desk stand.