New Drive and Tiger Install...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iGary, Apr 26, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

I currently have an 80GB Seagate as my primary drive for the OS and apps, and a 120GB for image storage on my PM G4 1.25.

I've tried iPhoto Librarian to keep the original images (iPhoto Library) on another drive, but it is really quirky. Since storage is so cheap, I want to buy another 120GB HDD as the main OS and app drive, but how do I go about doing this?

Do I just erase the existing 120GB seagate I have in there (I already have everything backed up to external and DVD) and put it in place of the 80GB drive - will the Tiger install DVD now what to do with the drive?

Ideas?

Am I making sense?

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

yeah that sounds fine to me. but then again... i've never had a PowerMac, let alone replace drives and install any OS's. :p

but i can't see why it would be a problem. can't you just choose which HD you want to install Tiger on anyway?

3. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Yes, but I guess I need to format it.

Maybe I need to look ay disk utility a bit closer.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm a little confused, you say you want to buy a new drive, and you also say you want to erase the existing drive. Why don't you keep the existing 'data' drive and install the OS and apps to the new empty drive?

5. ibookowner2 macrumors regular

ibookowner2