New DS Lite

Discussion in 'Games' started by benfilan, Dec 29, 2006.

1. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

hey, just bought a black DS lite, and i do love it so far, i havent got any games for it yet (i bought it an hour ago and its 2am, Tesco 24 rocks) and i'm wondering what would be a good first game? I'm dying to use the Wi-fi, and i'm also interested in whats available in terms of customisation, ar there downloads for fiddling with settings/adding programs or anything like that? is there any internal memory in the DS??
    thanks!:cool:

2. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

I just got a black DS Lite as well, so I have been exploring similar options...

A good first game is Mario Kart DS, I really enjoy it, and the WiFi options are really cool. I really haven't put it done in the last few days.

The New Super Mario Bros. game is also really good, if you like the classic side-scrolling 2D platform type games (which I do!).. it is just a really good representation of what Nintendo does best (these types of games...)

Enjoy!

3. benfilan thread starter macrumors 6502

benfilan

gracias!

thanks! I really want something fun like a Mario game, so i think I'll get the racing game. Really want the Brain training app as well, but i think i should prob leave it until i can get it cheaper off Amazon. :D

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

A nice showcase title would be WarioWare. Meteos, New Super Mario are very good first choices I reckon! Kirby possibly too. Animal Crossing is a gentle starter.

2am Tescos?! If only we were as lucky. Dec 20th and we're trying to find an iPod just before midnight and they're all shut!

5. benfilan thread starter macrumors 6502

benfilan

seriously? jeez. theres a 24hr one close to me but its in one of those out of town retail park things, but its still pretty close to a residential area. shopping woes, oh well.
    yeah, i'm thinking a mario game initially, then maybe order some others (more cheaply) of amazon!

6. theman5725 macrumors 6502

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. IMO, the BEST game on the DS available. Especially with the sequel coming out in January, I recommend it highly.

7. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

You dont have to wait for the sequel. Get the jap annd change the language to english.

Adding to the list, Trauma Center, Under the Kinfe and *cough* ez flash 5 (when it comes out)

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Or the M3 NDS Cart :p
    benfilan; check Tesco Jersey. I found the joys of their site the other day, Pokemon Emerald for the GBA is 30 in shops! 13 on TJ. it's brilliant, saw some DS games too.

9. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Here are the games I own and what I think of them:
    Wario-ware - Touched: Bought this at launch and it's pretty good, though I prefer games with more depth than fast paced mini games. It's good that it's pickup+play and it shows off the stylus and microphone.
    Bomberman DS: Like most other Bomberman games really. If you like the classic style, you'll like this.
    Metroid Prime: Hunters: Completely awesome. Best DS game ever IMO. It's just like Metroid Prime on the GC.
    Yoshi's Island DS: Exactly the same style as it was back on SNES, but completely new levels. The problem I have is that they've removed all the items (watermelons, etc) :(
    Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time: Haven't even played this yet. I think it's the sequel to 'Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga'. The style is that of Paper Mario. Interactive RPG that has an intuitive battle style.

10. tom.96 macrumors regular

I've got a white DS Lite and I've been playing New Super Mario a lot - it is very good.

Don't forget the huge range of GameBoy Advance games that you can use, I've been playing Golden Sun a lot -I love RPGs and I can't wait for Final Fantasy and also Castlevania should be here soon

11. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

A friend gave me Brain Academy for my DSL - it is fun! I also have Animal World but got bored of it very quickly. Trauma Center is good but frustrating - I am stuck on the mission where I must perform five operations in 10 minutes and it is bloody impossible.

My housemate has one of those ND3 card thingies, which I might get too.

12. timerollson macrumors 65816

I just got a DS Lite yesterday along with the New Super Mario Bros as a gift and I love it.

I went and bought Elite Beat Agents and it's a really addictive game too. I highly recommend it.

This is my first handheld so...I feel like a little kid, lol.

13. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I've had a white DS lite for a few months now, (traded in my PSP right before I left for college :D ) and my favorite games so far are definitely the New Super Mario Bros., though it felt a bit short-lived, and Contact. I've had Contact for a few days now, and I'm hooked. It's a bit like an action/adventure RPG, with a lot of really great twists on it. Definitely worth checking out if you're into that genre. :) Enjoy!

14. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

omgosh, i wanted a DS Lite for Xmas and all i got was a white mb =( hahaha im also still holding out for the Japanese colors to come to America.
    I have heard great things about New Super Mario Brothers as well as Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart.

15. benfilan thread starter macrumors 6502

benfilan

woo

yeah, bought new Mario bros, its really really good fun. I wanted to find something that would use wifi to play other people, but didnt have much luck finding something that didnt suck. Anyone played mariokart with wifi?:rolleyes:

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Mario Kart is the BEST WiFi game out there.

Tetris is probably second, then Metroid Prime Hunters.

17. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Mario Kart wifi is why the game is so much fun, Tetris DS wifi is also a blast. Both games are a good way to kill a good chunk of time wih friends.

*RANT*
    I was annoyed that Children of Mana did not include Nintendo Wifi Connection for co-op play. That really ticked me off, because none of my local friends care to play it. My friend that I played Secret of Mana with, wants to play, but he lives about 100 miles away with 4 kids, two are still quite young. So just like Mario Kart, we were hoping to play every other night after he put his youngest kids to sleep. I read that the producer of CoM wanted to capture the SoM experience, so this is why he only included local play. That was very short-sited on his part.

I noticed that FF3 has NWC support, does this work for co-op, or only party battle games?

<]=)

We had basically the same thoughts. :) I like MPH quite a bit, I wish my friends would've have gotten more into it.

<]=)

18. BryanP macrumors member

BryanP

Congrats. I got a black DS lite as well and I love it!

I play mainly Brain Age on it, but there is a ton of fun games for it.

19. benfilan thread starter macrumors 6502

benfilan

thanks..

cheers guys, responses have been really helpful. now everyone go buy mariokart and we can bond over racing each other:D