New Dual G4 install and no wireless

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Super20, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Super20 macrumors regular

I just installed a Dual G4 450mhz chip in my Sawtooth 450mhz. Installed very easily and osX recognizes it great. The problem comes with my wireless network. Worked like a charm before I installed it, and now it asks if I want to join the trusted network "blahblahblah." (which happens to by my network). I don't have WEP encryption enabled, but use MAC address filtering instead. I've reset the modem, router, pulled the wireless card and put it back in. I have no problem connnecting my 2 powerbooks and everything else I have to my network. Any ideas? I thought there might be a firmware issue or something but couldn't find anything.

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Did you try setting it up without any encryption/MAC address filtering?

3. Super20 thread starter macrumors regular

No...didn't do that. I'll try it and see if it works. But two things: If that does work, what do I do then? If it doesn't work, what do I try? All I did was change the processor. Everything else works great. Thanks for the help though (i'll try that when I get home).

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Ah ha, so you did get it & installed it huh?

No answer for ya on the wireless thing, except to say that I didnt have this problem after I installed that cpu in my sawtooth, which was originally a single cpu model also :p

I can't possibly imagine how or why a new cpu could/would kill your wireless set-up :confused:

5. Super20 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah got it yesterday after I got home from my concert. Works great....just this little glitch. Just doesn't make sense to me. It will pick up wireless signals, it just won't connect to my network like it did when I had the single installed. Who knows. The up side to this is remembering what it was like to work on my windows machine......hahahahaha....the stupidity of it all. I LOVE APPLE!