new earphone recomendation?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Scarlet Fever, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

After my original iPod earbuds died a few months ago, i went out and got some iPod style earbuds.
    Just yesterday, the right bud just stoped working. Now i want to get some new ones. I dont wanna spend more than $50 if i can, and i prefer the external earphone (not the sound isolating or in-ear ones). Anyone know anything good?

2. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

how loud do you listen to the things to make them blow out? Ive never had a set of earbuds or headphones die on me for anything short of me yanking out the chord.

3. mms macrumors 6502a

I've actually seen a friend blow out his iPod earbud pretty quickly. Then again, he had a habit of always turning the volume up all the way and using the earbud as a mini-speaker. Over time, I'm sure that it's possible to blow out the earbud.

As for the headphone recommendation, it would matter how much you care about audio quality. You won't get anything spectacular for under 50 bucks, certainly not anything an audiophile would be satisfied with. That being said, a good bet would be to look at user reviews on Amazon or something since there are so many more users commenting there.

4. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

yeah that would do it

5. Scarlet Fever thread starter macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i dont know if they blew out or not; i think there could be just a broken wire inside. My first set got bust after they were crushed after a weighty friend sat on them.

How much do you think i would need to spend? I'm a bit of an audiophile, but its not really going to bother me if their not professional standard. If their as good or better than the iPod ones, im happy. I'm only really going to use this on holiday trips or at school, so i dont need gut-busting bass in them :p