New eyetvDTT + Old MacMini?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by max¥¥, Feb 5, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

i recently brought a eyetvDTT from apple to use on my macmini g4 mediacenter, the apple page stated that the device was compatible with PPC G4 macs, the included software was intel only so i downloaded the latest PPC version from elgato's website, which doesn't see the device, i tried it with the included software on my dad's mac pro which worked fine, so my question is:
    Is there any way using any software to get it to work on my G4 Macmini?

some info:
    Macmini:
    1.25Ghz g4
    1gb of ram
    OSX 10.4.11
    120gb hdd

Eyetv:
    Elgato eyetv DTT stick
    Software version (on macmini): 3.3.3
    (bundled):3.5.1

2. MacHamster68, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011

macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

it seams your version is far to new

eye tv 1.8.4 according to this one here but maybe a dit newer works too
    http://guides.macrumors.com/Elgato_EyeTV_DTT

i had the same dtt on my eMac 1.42 and it worked out of the box but mine came with ppc software already as i bought a used one on ebay for £10 , but since there is the website tv catchup i just watch freeview online
    works perfect on my eMac and best of all no more reception problems all the time, as terrestrial signal is here a bit weak and controlled by the weather, as soon as the sun comes out the signal goes on some channels

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

it seems the guide is for the old version of the eyetvDTT, this is the one i have, i don't think 1.8.4 would work as it is bundled (and works on my dads mac pro with) 3.5.1, i also think it would work with eyetv light but my key dosn't work with it

4. macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

ok yes mine is the old version didn't even know there is a new one ...but i did look particular for that one because it looks a bit like the offspring of the Mac mini

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a