New F1 Qualifying from Imola

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by link92, Mar 31, 2006.

1. link92 macrumors 6502

2. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Notice the date. If they were to try something like this they might as well stop the show.

How about 1 engine per race week, please?

3. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

Is this not the craziest rule they have made so far?

Did I read this wrong, or are the fastest 10 drivers randomly placed on the grid? The fastest driver could end up in 10th! What a disgrace, and how wrong is that? You can drive faster than anyone else but still get stuck behind the slow cars. Like, why don't we run the race, and they just give points to random positions..... and just randomly select a champion.......

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

What the **** is so hard about "1 hour, 12 laps, and you have to do a lap in the first 30 minutes." or maybe 1 hour, no limit on laps, the 6 slowest cars after 20 minutes form the back, next 20 minutes, next 6 spots, the last 10 at the end of the hour. None of the race fuel strategy ********. Qualifying is a separate event, although I think keeping the tire compound the same from quali -> race is fine (not necessarily the tire itself), and obviously the engine as well. Picking the compound on Friday is just ****ing stupid, as is making the engine last more than one GP weekend.

They might as well just draw straws to see who starts where. Maybe someone in the FIA doesn't want to see Schumi with 66 poles... (Of course, he could just go to Poland and find 66 people willing to be tied up ;))

Stupid Europe, being ahead of the US in time zones. :rolleyes: (and also for using dd/mm/yyyy, rather than mm/dd/yyyy)

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I almost had a heart attack just now...almost. :D :rolleyes:

7. link92 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I did think about that…

Everything :D

Actually, the official date format in the US is ISO8601 (even offline!) which is YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM±TZ:TZ (such as 2006-04-01T11:29Z).

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That format I can deal with, but DD/MM/YYYY makes no sense to me, because I always say, and hear, and see "Fooday, Month foost, 200x"

9. displaced macrumors 65816

displaced

Hehe. It's "horses for courses" of course, but...

Here, where it's DD-MM-YYYY, I always hear "Saturday, 1st of April, 2006". Start with the small, end with the big. Just like postal addresses. MM-DD makes no sense to my UK brain!

Aaaannnyyyywaaaay....

Woohoo, Jenson! I've got everything crossed that he doesn't screw up his start and finally gets a win. Such a shame Reubens isn't up there with him. Both of them are not only good drivers, but also (apparently) nice people. Firmly in my "would buy them a beer if I met them in a pub" category.