new ferrari superamerica

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Don't panic, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

the glass-roof automatically "folds" in ten seconds and the "darkness" can be regulated at the desired level!
    I'm not sure you can operate it at 200 mph, though.
    link

Attached Files:

2. iGav macrumors G3

It's cool isn't it... I'm surprised reactive style glass isn't more popular though.

I do really wish that Ferrari would sort out their styling... when did Pininfarina last design a truly beautiful Ferrari? the 612 isn't anywhere near as beautiful as it should've been, the 550/575 was attractive enough, but lacked that 'zing, the 360 was abit bland same goes for the F430, the F355 was a '80's hangover from the 348.... so we end up with either the 288 GTO or Testarossa... both from 2 Decades ago.

Alfa Romeo with the 8C Competizione really nailed the classically beautiful italian sportscar, that to me looks more like a contemporary 250 GTO. :D

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1728

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

4. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Daytona

(showing my age there)

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The 360 is the last ferrari without styling faults - don't say bland, say uncluttered. Lately they've been getting less pretty...

...still better than what happened over at BMW, though.

6. iGav macrumors G3

I think it's bland... with many bad lines myself. I do know people that love the 360 and the 355 previous to that, but I just don't think it's elegant enough (250 GT SWB, 250 GT PF Coupe, 365 GTB4) or to go the other way controversial enough (Testarossa, F40, Enzo Ferrari) to really be a Ferrari.

Pininfarina just don't seem to be penning beautiful lines anymore. :( There isn't 1 model in the current production range that I'd consider buying.

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

\

I'll agree that the 360 won't compete with some of the great designs, but it works for me. Don't forget the Dino - I love the lines on that car. Who cares if it isn't a "proper" Ferrari?

I spotted a Testarossa all cracked up on a flatbed about a week ago - the most painful sight I've ever seen. It was probably the only one in Ohio too. :(

8. iGav macrumors G3

indeed... the 206 GT and 246 GT/GTS a beautiful car, never badged a Ferrari was the little Dino.

Ouch... I loved the Testarossa, especially the early models with it's quirky high mounted wing mirror :)

The biggest travesty (except for maybe the 365 GT4/400/412) is what Ferrari did to the Testarossa/512 TR turning it into the F 512 M :eek: :rolleyes: what on earth were they thinking? heads should've rolled with this almighty f**k-up!!

9. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    sweet car!!! i must agree lately iv been turned off by ferrari designes they lack imagination; save the enzo, but that was too much imagination

10. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Still, even Ferarri's worst won't touch Aston Martin's '86 Zagato. Stylistically a far cry from the DB-7, I would think.