new firefox 2.0 theme (screenshots)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BrianSalts, Aug 4, 2006.

1. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It suits the Vista style better than Explorer 7.0, but I still won't use it. Thanks for the screen shots. :)

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Bring on the new version of Camino!!

RSS feed support for Camino = my new default browser.

Never really liked FireFox once I got rid of my PC and started using Safari.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It looks a little different but the Mac version's theme was tweaked from the Windows version in the past so who knows what we'll get. At least, it's not Safari.

5. DMPDX macrumors 6502

I downloaded the developer beta1 earlier and my copy looks nothing like that. Is this just a theme? Or what?
    -dsm
    EDIT: I just realized that thats the WINDOWS version NOT os x. My bad.

6. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i still prefer shiira and awaiting the new version :D

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Do that many people really use RSS? I tried but couldn't get into it. :confused:

Anyway, if Camino allowed you to change the order of the tabs in the tab bar, and if it had a good ad/banner blocker, I'd use Camino as my default browser as well.

8. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

What's the point, Firefox already has Grapple for UNO. nuff said.

9. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

it's weird how some don't like Firefox. I've heard ppl say it's too slow, mine actually runs a lot faster than Safari. I'm usin a Sawtooth and it loads pages more than twice as fast. Ah well, can't wait for the new shizzle.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Granted that Grapple is *the* theme to use on Macs, many of us are still left with what to do on Windows.... :( I use the default theme right now, to be honest.

But also what Mozilla does is important for the future, in the sense that it attracts or detracts IE -> FF switchers. I've heard many non tech people describe going from IE to FF and then going back because they didn't like it. Some of them went back because of IE-ification of the web -- MySpace not displaying properly, etc. But others went back because they didn't like the look/feel of FF.... which I personally don't get, having seen the XP version of IE.... but making FF more appealing to Windows users is important.

11. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

It's the more reliable browser for me. Camino wiped out all my bookmarks after I toiled to wrest them from my PC and get everything organised in categories. Safari doesn't like a lot of sites. Shiira is about the same level of limited usefulness, despite it being the browser I would like to use the most. Bring on 2.0.

12. BrianSalts thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, forgot to mention- the 2.0 formats the rss feed and gives you a button to subscribe to your favorite reader- stuff like that. Nothing too fancy- just catchup.