New Forum: Community Discussion

Discussion in 'Site News' started by arn, May 11, 2002.

1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I've split the general discussion form into two:

Community Forum - talk about anything/everything

General Mac Discussion - talk about mac/apple/tech stuff that doesn't fit into another category

arn

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ah, sounds great. I'm glad you're acknowledging the MacRumors Community, giving it a vote of confidence.

One question for you Arn. When you first started this site, would have expected it to have turned into what you see today or were you hoping for something else?

3. arn thread starter macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Overall, I like how things have turned out...

Ideally, I would like to be able to put more time into the design/graphics of the site... but it does what it needs to at the moment.

In terms of functionality, I would have liked it to be a bit more easily trackable - rumor wise... with perhaps the latest rumors available on specific topics, as well as a more easily searchable database.... but that comes with time and some coding.... and I'll get to it... maybe by MWNY, we'll have things a bit better...

overall, I'm pretty pleased though, and enjoy the rumor community.

arn

4. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

thanks arn! I know I, as well as many MANY others will enjoy the new forum. I dont think the sites layout is as bad as you make it seem... I find it to be the best there is, which is why I started going here instead of other rumor sites the most.

Though it would be nice to have the different rumors listed category wise...;)

5. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Things are looking good, the site is developing at a nice rate, not to fast (like other rumor forums, no names meationed) and not slowly that newbies leave.

I am happy to be part of a large community as this!

Ensign

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

love the new forums and forum structure, thx arn and good job :)

i look forward to how the site will continue to change... don't go too crazy on the visuals tho ;) it's nice and streamlined now, loads very quickly... (i'm still on a dinosaur 56k connection)

:)
    pnw