New forums

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Spanky Deluxe, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Holy cow, the forums just changed and I'm having a heart attack.

I'm not so sure I like this new split section thing. Someone may come in looking for a mac pro but be advised for an iMac, in that case it could fit into two groups. Mind you, change scares me anyway so I guess I'll just have to deal with it. :)

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Shouldn't this belong in Site and Forum Feedback? Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Mac Pro to me... :confused:

3. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Yeah, I guess it should. I came in looking for the generic hardware forum but got freaked out and posted like a loon!! :eek:

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

we'll see how it goes. I think a computer breakdown was necessary at this time.

It was also suggested:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=229890

and I agreed. Let me know if there are problems. I tried moving a representative set of posts across.

As for whether or not to buy a Mac Pro vs iMac can be addressed in Buying Tips.

arn

5. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Wow, are all 6,000 threads going to be filtered into the different forums?

6. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Yeah it does look good actually, a lot of threads were going into the old forum that should really have been in the Buying Tips one. I was just so shocked to see the change! The biggest problem with the old system was that if a new product came out (iMac refreshment or a a Mac Pro) then the hardware forum would become swamped with threads regarding the new product and people needing help on something else (like a Mac Mini) would have their post lost in the sea of excited posts. Hopefully this should minimise that somewhat.

7. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

This is a great idea.I'm sure there will be some cross-posting for a while but once people get used to the idea i'm sure the different topics will be more on topic.

Good Job arn!!

8. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Not to be pedantic, but the forum named 'Mac Pro & PowerMac' should really be changed to 'Mac Pro & Power Mac', just to be strictly correct to Apple's naming convention, ie, Power Mac vs PowerMac

9. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

fixed.

arn

10. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Not to be even more pedantic, but why are some forum descriptions capitalized while others are not? This really bugs me... a lot. :)