Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BIGgui_X_

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2003
Dual 1.42GHz PowerPC G4
2MB L3 cache/processor
2.0GB DDR333 SDRAM
120GB Ultra ATA/100
SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce4 Titanium
128MB DDR video memory
FireWire 800
56K internal modem
Bluetooth Ready
10/100/1000 Ethernet networking
Airport Extreme ready

It looks very nice for the price, to nice ?

I send a letter to the seller (eBay, of course, here is he Answer :

You can be the customer of my item only if you agree our terms.

We have stock clearing sale more than 10 items ready now for delivery.
Shipping charges inside USA is $25 via UPS.
You can BUY RIGHT NOW without BUY IT NOW option. Please order from us directly here.

The item is Brand New under USA warranty. I'm a sample reseller in NYC area, USA.

We will ship the merchandise usually via UPS but optional you could chose another shipment method like FEDEX or DHL. In this time all our items are already stored at warenhouse near UPS ready for delivery after the payment is completed.

Payment must be done in advanced by:
1. Bank wire transfer from your bank account to our bank account on USA.
2. Wire transfer through Western Union. Not bid-pay.

About payment fees i will suport all western union and you will deduct it from the total amount you have to pay. You will send the remaining amount + $25 UPS shipping fess.

We will send you the item via UPS and I'll email you the UPS tracking number after we will receive the payment.

I'll wait for your shipping address and your receiver name.

Thank you very much and I look forward to doing business with you.

-----------------

So what do you think ?
if it could be true !! :S

DavidFDM

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2002
Maine, USA
If they offer to sell it to you by going around Ebay or if they only want to use Western Union, avoid them. Sounds like a scam.

- David

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Western Union = Scam.

It's not real; you'd be throwing your money away. I know it sucks that this isn't for real, but do yourself a favor and forget about now.

iPC

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2003
East Windsor, CT
Ask Western Union if they have done business with them in the past.

Ask the local Better Business Bureau if there are any complaints filed against them.

Check eBay history of seller.

Do a google search of sellers name, along with words such as scam or fraud. (ie "john234567 ebay scam" or whatever)

A little investigative work can help. If you happen to know someone that lives in the area, see if they have a physical location to visit. Could very well be a business that leases machines to corporations in the area, and someone upgraded to the new G5 machines.

Good luck. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.