New G4 promo ending in June!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Backtothemac, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Guys, check this out.

http://registration.euro.apple.com/promo/peaceofmind/uk/

Notice that this ends on June 30! We will have either the kick a$$ new G4's that I and others have talked about, or G5's. Maybe the 15 inch LCD will die, and the 17 will become base with a new 19 as well.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That sort of makes sense since July is right around the corner and a couple of weeks later its MWNY. As as we know its not too early to start hyping what's going to happen at MWNY. If you start looking at the big picture, there will most likely be a bunch of little things like this that will start to add up to something big happening, but I think we should wait and see what happens in May at WWDC before going too crazy.:D

3. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

Hyping boosts the apple shares:p
    If you have them Hype! If you don't, Hype too, that helps for your fellow MR-posters:p

HypehypehypehypehypeHypehype
    (just helping all you shareholders:D)

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i just hope i will be able to get to mwny this year.. still don't know whether i'll be able to get a job to allow me to stay in the city over the summer.. here's for hoping

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I saw in another thread that there is an Airport promo ending on June 30. Maybe they are releated.

6. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I really hope this means G5s for MWNY although I would not expect it before Janurary.

Hype might keep there share price up but I doubt it will keep it up forever, I guess we will see G5s sooner than I think but I hope we get them soon!

Ensign

7. kidtronix macrumors regular

What a hell is a G5?

Seriously, G5 is just a nick name for a processor, Apple can release a 1,1ghz ship and call it G5 and all of you will jump up and down of excitement for a chip that is 100mhz faster than the already excisting chip and the rest will of you think Apple will jump from G4 1ghz to G5 2ghz in one jump where as Apple the last couple of years hasn't enhanced their cpu speed more than 300mhz/year... come on people, think. Also the discount on the screens if you bought a tower went out in the end of March did we see new screens then? I don't doubt there will be a new PowerMac in June, but think realistic.

8. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Ooh, this looks good for new PowerMacs at MWNY! Whaddaya reckon, G4s topping out at 1.4? He he... too early for this kind of crap, I know...

9. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Um, yes. There was a 23 incher released at MWT on March 21.

[Edit: added date]

10. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Ok, the last time that I checked there was actually a difference between a G3 and a G4. A lot more than just a name I would have to say. Look the G5 is real, and we will see it one day. It will be more than just a name also. We may see it this year, but more than likely next. As for G4 updates at NY, think about it. The current quicksilvers came out at the end of Jan beginning of Feb. That would be six months since their release, and they would be primed for an upgrade. Once every six months is about their schedule on updates.

Stand back for yelling....
    MWNY WILL SEE NEW G4'S.

I have been told what they will be, but lets not get into that here. The last time that I posted them people spent more time wanting to know my source than they did think about the specs. Anyway, if anyone really wants to know post it, and I will tell you.

11. kidtronix macrumors regular

That is correct but the line stayed the same, just one added, just because a discount disapears doesn't mean that the objects being on discount disapears...

Beneath the point, people want a G5, I just want a faster chip, I'm refering the hype around the 'G5' name. People say, oh we hope we see the G5 soon, I don't care for a 'G5' I wanna see a fast chip, may it be G4 or *G5*, because, in the long run, it's just a name.

Well frankly I just got a dual 1ghz so I don't really want a faster chip :p

12. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Hehehe, sounds like me talking :D