New G4 roadmaps promise Apple harvest

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by MaxRool, Feb 13, 2002.

1. quanta macrumors member

macs in movies, but what's in macs

Although i have to admit that i didn't understand all of the technical jargon in the article, generally speaking, i undertand what the article means.

i find it interesting that there is so little discussion about ACTUAL macintosh technology on this site. Sure, there's an entire thread with fifteen replies about how macs are all over the media. What Mac user hasn't noticed that? And sure, there are a whole host of daydreamers who can't wait to plug their firewire3 rapidport hoverboard cam into their G7 to edit holo-vid on their 52 inch flexible, roll-up MicroDef viewer, but i find very little info here that is truly useful.

Don't get me wrong, i like reading the stuff that's here, i just also like to know information that will give me a better understanding of what's going on inside my mac, and make me a better consumer in terms of knowing what, and when to buy.

Thanks MacRool.

2. germanknee macrumors member

quanta:

Start a new thread with your specific question, comment, or item you'd like to discuss. Perhaps you haven't been viewing the right threads. There are many very knowledgeable members here in all aspects of macs.

3. quanta macrumors member

clarification

i'm sure there are many knowlegable people here. i don't have many specific questions that could be answered directly. i just like to surf through the threads while i'm toiling away here at work, but like the rest of the internet, good, solid information isnt as easy to come by as a host of opinions, conjecture and outright misinformation. i particularly enjoyed a thread about the differences between web-browsers and gained a lot of insight into how the mac community (represented here) thinks and feels about browser security, speed, and overall performance.

i really liked the link that MaxRool posted because it gave some evidence as to where the G4 processor might be going, how improvements might be made to the speed, etc. instead of simply saying that the G5 will be here soon! i bet that at MWTokyo we'll see....

Thanks for the advice, though.

4. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

I think the problem...

...is the site you're on. This is a fine site, but it is a rumor site. I haven't looked, but there are probably sites better suited to what you're looking for.

5. germanknee macrumors member

i still think that this is a decent site for what you're looking for. the right threads often have conjectures that are based on factual, logical evidence. but, you are right about the "G5 MWNY" (and that's all they say). These claims go unsupported and act more like a concesus then anything else. These kinds of posts should not appear when their are polls to take. anyway, if someone spits out incorrect information, there is usually someone that corrects them.