New G5

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by agreenster, Jun 23, 2003.

1. macrumors 68000

agreenster

Amazingly Powerful
    Completely Beautiful

Ready to kick some Wintel ass

2. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

The specs are awsome....still not sure about the case; not sure I like the design, and having only 1 x 5.25" bay is insane.

3. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Oh, the first pics I saw from someones camera from WWDC looked terrible - this thing is awesome. Can't wait to order one....:D

The speed will be amazing!

D

4. macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Yeeeeeaaaaah, baby!!!

i wish they had released a new cube though, but o.k., can't have everything...

I hope that apple stays ahead of the game this time and does not fall behind like with the G4...

GO Apple GO!!!

vSpacken

5. macrumors regular

Looks alright I suppose but what's with all the holes in the front? speed holes? I hated those on the MDD. I do like the overall brushed steel/aluminum design.

6. macrumors regular

I LOVE that brushed aluminum look. I can picture these in many recording studios, running ProTools and the like with ease. heh..

7. macrumors 604

scem0

ugly PC lookin' case, but that's ok when you take into account that it is faster than any PC. ;):D

They are only lacking in case and in price. I can only get the 'faster' model (1.8) and I really wanted dual processors. Blah..... :(

[​IMG]

8. macrumors regular

the from of my PC's case looks better but i like the sides on that powermac. i wish i could afford one. :(

9. macrumors 6502a

even my BW g3 looks as good maybe looks better in person

10. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Base unit priced to high, $1999.00 low end video card 5200fx( slight step up from mx) memory 256 ram? come on. The styling is unique but not awe inspiring. 9 fans is 9 motors to go wrong, and be powered. the 970 is fantastic, but the powermac pricing sucks. I have decided to upgrade to a 1.4 single or dual 1.25. way overpriced for the 1.6 gig machine.

11. macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Save up scem0, they don't ship until August (probably September) you should be able to make some extra cash by then right?