new g5's shipping date?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by NarKEd, Jun 16, 2004.

1. NarKEd macrumors member

Jan 16, 2004
    This is the first time I order a computer in the online apple store, I ordered a dual 2ghz with 1 gig ram 256G hard drive and the ATI graphic card. I ordered it 7 days ago (the first day they became available) when do you guys think its going to ship? I find myself refreshing my account in the apple store like 10 times a day hopping the "open" status of my order is going to change.
  2. PowerMacMan macrumors 6502

Mar 17, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    It should give you an estimated shiping date, however, it should have shipped already :confused:
  3. NarKEd thread starter macrumors member

Jan 16, 2004
    OHHH F***!!!
    I checked the estimate shipping date and it says:
    on or before 6/30/2004 !!! that really really sucks!
  4. danva macrumors newbie

Jun 16, 2004
    Mine took 4 days to ship

Almost the same config - only HD is standard.
    If the order is in processing stage, you should be all set. If it still lists
    "Order received", give them a call.
  5. NarKEd thread starter macrumors member

Jan 16, 2004
    Its listed as "open" I chose the ATI 9800 XT w/256MB card, maybe they dont have thiose cards yet??
    This is the order date:
    09:03 AM PST

another thing I have to mention is that I used a student discount. maybe I have no priority at all :confused:
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    On a dual 2.5 the shipping date give on my order wasn't until July. I just wanted to see what my options would cost. Although it didn't give me the price with the $500 Display discount and memory discount.
  7. gavdana macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    DP 2.0 MIA

My DP 2.0 is also MIA. My est. ship date was 6/17/04. Last night, it was moved to 6/29/04. Apple said it was due to "supply shortages," yet the store still claims new orders will ship "next business day."

Perhaps Apple's "Next Business Day" is not for another two weeks?
  8. NarKEd thread starter macrumors member

Jan 16, 2004
    That really pisses me off, if they are not going to have the F**'ing computer why do they sell them? or at least they should clearly print "you are not going to receive your cumputer until next nonth, or maybe 2 months.. or 3..." I really need ot now. If i knew about this I would have ordered a dual 2ghz (1st generation) from another store
  9. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2004
    The Northlands
    I've heard of someone else who was in your situation. His order status was changed to 6/28 and he was quite pissed off. His order shipped yesterday...
  10. NarKEd thread starter macrumors member

Jan 16, 2004
    Another question I have is why they added tax to my order, this is the first online store that has charged me for tax. almoust all the educational discount was added in the tax.. so whats the point