1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I was at the Apple Store today and mentioned I was waiting to buy for new G5s. The employee I was talking to said, in a very monotonous, robotic voice that he knew nothing about new G5s, but they'll be first to have them when they come out. His tone led me to think that he knows a release date, and I'm hoping for Tuesday. I know that Apple Store employees generally don't know about new releases, but I'm going insane waiting for new G5s. I'll take anything as a hint at a release at this point.

C'mon Apple, release those new models!

2. jihad the movie macrumors regular

Chances are, with the latest promotions, the extended RAM deal and the Cinema rebate... We won't be upgrading any time soon.

3. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

You're probably right. Oh well. The second that updates come out, I'll be buying a G5.

4. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

If that update comes out at WWDC. I'm buying a top of the line PC now. I've already waited 3 months, I'm not waiting 3 more.

5. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

I don't think we will see any new models coming out until WWDC. WWDC will be huge however. I could even see G5's going across the entire line. As I gaze into my crystal ball I see the iPod looking more like a big mini iPod. I see 3ghz powermacs. G5 powerbooks and maybe even iBooks. New displays for sure. The iMac and eMac lines will merge. I also forsee consumer macs with built in iPod docks that work with the design better. Very sleek. New software of course.

6. thatwendigo macrumors 6502a

thatwendigo

I'm just curious... Do you expect saying that on a message board to have any positive effect? Is it going to change what Apple's planning, because you're expecting Steve to have some counter running a tally of peopel who say they'll jump ship f he doesn't follow action X?

If noth, then why say it? Are you trying to take others with you?

7. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Be fair, he may be experiencing current technical shortfalls that require him to have the fastest PC available to man, or some such other reasons.

But personally, I'm with you for I don't see, for my needs, that there is any reason to jump ship into the deep troublesome waters of another format.

I'm a patient man.

8. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

let me know what you take to get these thoughts.... I want some :)

G5 ibooks? haha the ibook JUST went G4 so there is no way at all the next one will have a G5.

9. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Well for me its now been 6 months. First to see if new PBs and iMacs for January 2004. Then, when nothing happened, I thought some more and settled in for the wait for the G5. I know I want to switch because OSX is so great.

Then we had the recent Australia/NZ iPod for $99 (USA $75) promo with any G4PB...I held my ground hoping that was a sign of new G5PBs or at least the rumoured interim G4s with new bits and pieces...

Now people are all saying, and it makes sense to me, that this last screen thingy with G5s means NO new hardware to Steve's dog and pony show at the end of June in 3 months time...

Worse yet, G5PBs are not given more than an outside chance of appearing then. Maybe they will. More likely they will be announced to ship prior within a few months...

The there is Paris in September. Another 3 months. Same deal, more likely PBG5s available but also perhaps an announcement for Christmas availability...

And then there is San Fran again in January 2005, which even the most negative G5PB commentators suggest is a goer...so what, 10 months if I have a really bad year, and like 16 months since I decided I definetly was going to switch...

Or I could buy a decent spec XP laptop now...but I know I would regret it bitterly. So I wait...

I hope its worth it...

10. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

MacOSRumors says that they've received a handfull of reports suggesting that powermacs will be out in a matter of days.

Hows that for positive?

11. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

That's what I'm hoping, but I try not to get my hopes up. Haven't we had new Power Mac predictions every week for the past 3 months?

12. Danrose1977 macrumors regular

Danrose1977

He was probably just sick of people asking!

13. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

You're probably right. I'm just sitting, waiting, taking everything as a hint for a new G5. Hey, a yellow taxi! There must be new G5s tomorrow :D

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree with that, the last time I said anything they try to change the subject. They are not allowed to discuss any rumors. I believe them when they say that they don't know any more than us. It must be very difficult to be ask repeatedly the same things.

I'm willing to be patient.