Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ragdollsoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Hello, I'm Matteo from Rag Doll Software, I just wanted to let you know that my new game Rubber Ninjas is finally out for OS X (before Windows).

Rubber Ninjas is basically the evolution of my older game Ragdoll Masters but in 3D, with a lot of new stuff, like different ragdolls and weapons.

If you wish you can try it out at http://rubberninjas.com , there is a free demo you can check out (no nag screens!).

The game has just been released and I'm dying to know what you think about it. Comments, criticisms and suggestions more than welcome!

Thanks and let me know,

Matteo

Super Intendo

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
I enjoyed it!

I will say this, its not something i would spend 20 dollars on (though i'm quite picky).

10 dollars would be reasonable for me, but as it stands, it feels about 50% skill and 50% luck.

Although thats how peggle is and i love that.

Ragdollsoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Thanks Intendo! Yes there is certainly a random-luck component, it's also what makes the players do new and different moves every time!

Thanks also for you feedback on the price, it's something that might be adjusted.

Casniz

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2009
joy :D

Hey d: .
I really enjoyed playing it, awesome fun game! :D.
But 20$ i maybe a little much!
12 - 15$ and you'll get my money :) haha.
But really awesome game !

Shunnabunich

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I just tried it, and it's pretty fun. My favourite moment so far was when I headbutted a dude's head clean off. :D I agree that I probably wouldn't part with $20 for it, especially in this economy and with my own current financial circumstances. At least not unless it was a super-duper-polished version (i.e. arenas that look like places instead of textured spheres, player models that look like...say, ninjas, fancier menus etc.) There was a graphical issue: all text in the menus and in-game was gray and almost totally transparent, making it hard to read. I'm on a 17" PowerBook G4 with 1.5GHz proc, 1 GB RAM and an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 card. Judging from the YouTube video's fiery orange text, I assume it's an issue with my particular card.

I also found that, while cool at first, the nearly constant time-warping made the game difficult to play, frequently making me wait until it was finished "showcasing" one move or another before I could get on with it. It might be a good idea to tone that down a great deal, but add an option in the game's preferences to crank the time-warping back up (for example, if you want to show off to other people or record a video of how awesome you are). Reining in on the slow-down effects would allow players to stay engaged in the "flow" of their fight without being momentarily taken out of it by a random 360º spin and then thrust back in — although such a potentially dramatic camera move might still be good for finishing moves.

My general feeling about Rubber Ninjas is that it's the framework of a really cool game, just waiting to have its AAA polish applied. I can imagine playing a round of RN with humanlike or cartoonish player models, set in a dojo...the camera zooms in to show the steely concentration on each player's face...

ninjac.gif
(Artist's impression)

...then they fly at each other at lightning speed, flailing in mid-air, music pumping (I'll admit I'm listening to the second part of Mona Lisa Overdrive here), time subtly slowing to emphasize the most devastating moves as the blood and sparks fly! I think if you hooked up with a few good artists and modelers, you could achieve something really impressive based on this game. As of now, it still leaves the player wondering if it's quite finished or still a work in progress. In any case, excellent work!

Ragdollsoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Thanks for the feedback guys! I understand $20 might be too much for a game in this economy, but then so might be $10. No problem, enjoy the free demo!

Shunnabunich, I heard the text bug before, indeed happens on some computers... thats something i need to fix.

As for the slow-mo slowing the game too much, try playing with lower settings, that should speed things up.

Hehe, I like your "video", silly cutscenes would be pretty fun, although full models is something that might be a problem. One of the "tricks" the game uses is that since you dont know which side the guy is facing, you automatically assume it's the one that "makes sense" (while 50% of the time it isn't :p )

Thanks again!

Casniz

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2009
:d

Thanks for the feedback guys! I understand $20 might be too much for a game in this economy, but then so might be $10. No problem, enjoy the free demo!
- Make a post, if u decide to get down to $10, i can't wait for the full version! :)

Bruce Ram Straub

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2018
Hello, I'm Matteo from Rag Doll Software, I just wanted to let you know that my new game Rubber Ninjas is finally out for OS X (before Windows).

Rubber Ninjas is basically the evolution of my older game Ragdoll Masters but in 3D, with a lot of new stuff, like different ragdolls and weapons.

If you wish you can try it out at http://rubberninjas.com , there is a free demo you can check out (no nag screens!).

The game has just been released and I'm dying to know what you think about it. Comments, criticisms and suggestions more than welcome!

Thanks and let me know,

Matteo
Hi, I bought Rubber Ninjas on Mac OS Sierra and it does not work, any suggestion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.