Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has been running a new Get A Mac ad during today's American football games.

IMG_0016_300.jpg

The ad includes PC getting a consultant and once again touches on the trouble people have been having with Vista and references desires of some to downgrade to XP. The final screenshot is of an iMac with the Leopard background.

As of this posting, the ad has not been posted to Apple's site.

Article Link

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
It has been a long time since the last one, sort of hoped they had stopped them.

I would prefer it if they would just advertise the good points about Leopard rather than bash Vista.

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
Oh Apple, Why go back to these ads! Make an advert showing people what you can actually do with Leopard like the iPhone ads. Not just stating how much you are better. Prove it!!!

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Oh Apple, Why go back to these ads! Make an advert showing people what you can actually do with Leopard like the iPhone ads. Not just stating how much you are better. Prove it!!!

Except look at what the iPhone ads spurred: terrible iPod touch ads that are more like a seizure than informative.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC

Yeah, they did those for years. Mostly with iLife.

No one cared.

So now they have ads that everyone and their mother knows about, and you say "go back" to the ones that no one remembers? Can you name one? I remember the one with the baby being born and the one with the wedding on the island. I'm probably the only one, though. Can you name any of the others?

Face it, that kind of ad makes the public go all glassy-eyed and change the channel. The ONLY way that kind of software ad is interesting is if you're already a fan of the product being shown. In other words, it's a waste of time. The iPhone ads were a big exception because they showed off multi-touch. That's it. That's the only thing people were interested in seeing on TV. The rest was just noise to most people.

GoodWatch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2007
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
It has been a long time since the last one, sort of hoped they had stopped them.

I would prefer it if they would just advertise the good points about Leopard rather than bash Vista.

Yes. Sail on your own strengths, never belittle your opponent. OS X really doesn’t need this at all. Apple isn’t the underdog that it likes to be anymore. It is a multi billion-dollar corporation. Don’t act like you are still operating from a garage, it doesn’t suit you.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
Hmm. Considering there are a good number of people who want to go back to Tiger... sounds like a case of the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
hhmmmmm

May I add, that I too enjoy watching these. They are a great series of adverts that bring a smile to people's faces, whether they've switched or not. I've seen it with my own eyes!

Now lets see them online Apple!

F

Will_reed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2005
I can't wait to see this one, I couldn't care less how many pissy PC users complain these commercials are classics now.

rosh325

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
In the ether
In terms of Vista bashing, just look at how windows machines are shown on a network. Blue screens of death, so it's not like this is suddenly strange.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
I was going to say :p

Working at Apple, I don't know one customer who wants to go back to Tiger. Keep in mind, people don't go online to post compliments, they typically make complaints. That fact alone isn't representative of the overall reaction to any particular product (in this case Leopard). Most of the customers (actually, in my case all of my customers) LOVE Leopard over Tiger, especially the PPC users who have noticed a double in speed increase.

Leopard installed fine on my Mac Pro. No complaints here. Vista on my slave drive, well, that's another story.

wyatt23

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2006
Forest Hills, NY
i'd like to see a link to this whole commercial.

also. i like these commercials. i like the vista bashing. only bc the PC side of me loves XP and hates vista.

in terms of Leopard users who want to go back to Tiger... give me a break. honestly tell me that there are as many Leopard users who want to roll back as there are Vista users. moot point. give leopard until 10.5.1 or 10.5.2. i personally didn't upgrade YET, bc of the perils involved in being first to upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.