Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youthpastor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
As many of you know, Hotmail and Yahoo are slowly implementing new looks to their web based e-mail services. I have been doing some online searching, but have not really found anything pertaining to a new Gmail update/look soon. I would really like to see G-mail implement the drag and drop feature.

Was just wondering if any of you knew if an update to G-mail was coming soon? Do you think we will see a new look?

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
Based on your thread's title, I thought you knew there was one coming. Next time, might I suggest adding a "?" to the end of the title when you are asking a question? ;)

same. However i have no clue when a new one wil lbe comming. IO dont really go to gmail any more though, i just use mail.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
Errr that was annoying. I thought the same. OK to make up for it, check out new google finance, they just updated it last week and it looks beautiful and is a huge leap in the right direction. :)

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i don't have a problem with the way Gmail works or looks now but i'm always up for improvements. what i would like is for Gmail to be officially out of beta. Google guys: it's been almost three years... i think it's safe to say Gmail is a bona fide service worthy of post-beta status.

n8236

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2006
I don't think there will be any large overhaul because Google pages are meant to be the way they are.

When Google first started, the founders admitted that they had no design talent whatsoever, thus when you go to Google.Com, the page is what it is. That look/theme carries over to many if not all of their pages.

I wouldn't expect any sort of graphics overhaul, maybe just slight additions and changes for interface ease of use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.