New graphing calculator like familiar TI-83?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnbro23, Jan 16, 2005.

1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

It would be nice if Tiger's new graphing calculator had the same familiar layout as the TI-83, since thats the most popular graphing calculator. I'd say 90% of kids in our school have one, and we use it almost everyday.

If not, is there one I can get that has TI's layout?

2. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

Mac-81

There was once upon a time a program called Mac-81 that TI put out. It emulated the TI-81 and was GREAT for putting together manuals for students on how to use the calculator (you could do print screens of the calculator screen.)

Every once in a while, I look around to see if they've done an OSX version of a Mac-83. As of yet, I haven't found one. Sometimes I'll suck it up and launch Classic to use Mac-81. Usually, I just use a lesser OSX-native calculator.

Maybe someone here will have better news. I just thought you'd like to know that you're not alone in wanting one. :eek:

3. johnbro23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That would be awesome if they had so called Mac-83. My teacher has Ti-83 for windows on her computer at school. So at least it exists, maybe its just a matter of time before they port it to the mac.

By the way, are you a teacher?