New Guy Here - Get A Free Song

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ShadyMac, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

2. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Just signed up I'll post if this seems to work!

Thanks in advance Shady.

3. ShadyMac thread starter macrumors member

No not really, since everybody else post about how to get free songs.
    :rolleyes:

4. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Ok that's sorta spam... (effen ugly site too)

llama :eek:

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I personally don't have a problem with this, free songs are a good thing :D

6. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I'm gonna hesitant to give out my email to that site. Has anyone heard of them before?

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I figured I'd just block their address if they spam me.

8. davefan6435 macrumors regular

As far as I know sparks is like an energy drink with alcohol in it. Get's you messed up very quickly.

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

That's what it is... a simple canned 'energy' drink w/ vodka mixed into it. I've never tried it myself, the can looks pretty goofy... silver w/ blue and orange accents. But, eh, I almost always see people buying it at the grocery store. Must be 'all right.' I've tried this a few days back (I visit a bunch of random 'freebie' and bargain hunting sites) but I haven't received an email w/ the code yet... just the email notifying that they have received my email addy. :rolleyes:

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Used my SPAM catcher e-mail address. No iTunes yet. Meh, whatever.

11. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Yup, used my junk yahoo account that I made specifically for things like this (and those "enter your code and win! soda cap contests") Good call, a free song is a free song.

12. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yes, Sparks is a legit company...great stuff, and yes, it messes you up pretty quickly. My friend just had a birthday party sponsored by Sparks at a bar(believe it or not)...they're promoting very heavily these days. Current TV (Al Gore's channel) was there and interviewed my friend and his girlfriend for 15 minutes about Sparks...

Unfortunately the iTunes offer isn't valid in California...

13. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Wow, do you just not like a chance for free songs?? Did you complain when the geico and wells fargo links came up? I am pretty sure this post was not meant to promote whatever web site it went to but to give the members a chance to get a free tune. Personally I appreciate it.

Of course seeing as it has been over an hour since I submitted my e-mail and I have yet to get any kind of response I am concerned. We will see.

14. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

It says it will take about 3 business days. Although I did receive a confirmation email right away.

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

That's why I said in my post that I did this a few days back and still haven't received any codes... I received my confirmation email from them on November 6th.

16. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

wow, that is sad.

Please excuse my terrible reading. wow, i can't believe it. I read your post but for whatever reason I read right past that. sorry again :eek:

17. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Haha, no prob bob... I probably should have been more clear in the first post stating the day I received my confirmation email. Anyhow. There are other such iTunes offers-- I always hesitated to post them here on MR for fear of an angry mob attacking me for spam... if people don't seem to mind then next time I hear of something I'll drop a link. :confused: :eek:

18. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

It would look a lot more legit if the post with the link came with some kind of comment explaining what it was. I am ALWAYS suspicious of a blind link. Could be anything.

19. Lau Guest

I entered my spamtastic email address, but sadly you have to live in the U.S. Oh well....

20. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

21. Lau Guest

Ooh, lateral thinking. Nice. :)

I went with Wyoming. :p

22. mms macrumors 6502a

Of course there has to be a catch somewhere; nobody is likely to be willing to just give away songs for free for no reason at all. If it's asking for an email address, then I'm sure that address is going to be flooded with spam soon. It might be worth it though with a good spam filter and/or an email account made just for the purpose, though.

And Nermal, blocking one address is not likely to stop them if they start spamming you. Any spammer that knows anything will find a way to get around that and besides, your email address is most likely going to be sold to a number of companies rather than being used by this one website alone.

23. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The blocking seems to work pretty well, I only get about 1 spam per week making it past the filters. I doubt that one more spammer will cause too much trouble :)

24. iHateWindows macrumors 6502

Hmm.. well Mail thinks the confirmation email is spam.