New Headphones Or Ice Cream?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by theipodgod16, Jan 25, 2004.

1. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    I just tried the new ipod headphones today, and they're fabulous. I wanted them bad, but they were sold out. I can't decide now, weather to get them, or to try that Ice Cream cleaner by Radtech.
    I've read great reviews about it, but im not sure if it will work well enough to warrent $30. has anyone used it who can testify? or if another cleaner works better? which should i buy?
  2. G4scott macrumors 68020

Jan 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    So how much better than the original iPod earphones do you think the new in-ear headphones are?

I've been looking for something good, but not big... Right now, I have some pretty big sony headphones, and I don't like to carry them around, even though they're foldable...

I did have some Koss in-ear headphones, and they were great, but I accidentally stepped on one of them and killed it... :(

I was just at CompUSA today, and asked about them, but the Mac guy there said that they didn't have any.

Edit: Also, do they stay in your ears better than the current earbuds?
  3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    I just got the new iPod headphones. My old ones broke so I took the oppertunity to get new ones! I like them alot. They are much more comfortable than the original headphones. They also have the 'new & cool' factor. I really like mine. You should get them, I dont think you will be dissapointed. Treat yourself! Good Luck.
  4. theipodgod16 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    yea i really do think they are a big improvment. i've decided on the 'phones, now i just need to find an apple store that has them. You just need to get them seated proparly.

(This sounds kinda odd). You just have to pull your ear a bit. Just pull it out a smidge, and push them in. They'll seal right up, and really do a great job of cancelling out sound.
  5. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Oct 8, 2003
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    For those of us with big ears :)D) that shouldn't be a problem.
  6. yamadataro macrumors 6502

I've been using a Sony in-ear headphone for a couple of years with my iPod. I was not too excited about the original iPod one.

Has anyone compared the new Apple headphone to other in-ear products? Looking at the price tag, I'm thinking it's probably just like Sony's?

I'm considering buying the ER-6 from Etymotic Research (when I get some money for it):
  7. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

Jun 9, 2002
    are those sony ones the ones similar to these ER-6 jobbys? If so I have them and they are, I can honestly say, the best headphones I have heard, I went right off the idea of in ear phones until I tried these and the sound is amazing along with the comfort.

these are the ones
  8. yamadataro macrumors 6502

Uh, it was a bad bad idea to check this thread out. I've just ordered a Etymotic ER-6! I'm $150 poorer now... well, at least I hesitated from buying ER-4 ($300).

Now my iPod life is about to change!

EDIT: Oh, my, my. I just went to a distributor in Tokyo and got a pair of Etymotic Research's ER-6. This thing is simply the best quality earphone for a portable use. I can really hear the sounds I didn't here with the $40 Sony in-ear.