Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
In general I liked the ads. (I thought the one where the PC tries to sell itself because it knows that it's market share is slipping is hillariuos). But the last of the three - the emo kids one, I'm not so sure about. It says that the Mac is great for 10-year-olds, but doesn't say much beyond that. Isn't this just asking for retorts of, "the Mac is just a toy" all over again?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
"PC & Me" was rather cute.

Still, I don't like where Apple is going with this whole "consumer" only approach. I run my department using Macs. :confused:

ricksbrain

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2005
Miami, FL
This campaign has just caught on for the masses. Some of the hyper-mac-dilligent may think they're old, but they're just getting some momentum. For Apple to even mention that they're selling a lot more computers is a first. A ballsy first.

ducttape

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2005
I am pretty disappointed by these commercials, because it doesn't say all that much about Mac stuff other than what we've already heard in previous commercials.

Though I have to admit I definitely liked the 'emo' line in the last commercial. Personally, the emo lifestyle is beyond annoying, and PC's reaction to having to listen to emo is pretty much like my reaction. Thank you PC.

Spagolli94

macrumors member
May 22, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Time for a new ad campaign format. This one ran out of steam ages ago.

I disagree. As people who follow Macs on a regular basis, they may seem a little old. But to the general masses, they are just catching on and starting to make an impression. Besides, everytime they get old, they release a new one that's even better than the last!!

theblotted

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2006
Los Angeles
no matter how many times i watch it, i still think it's pretty hilarious. maybe i'm just easily amused.

i wonder if Apple is targeting the kids today, so that when they grow up tomorrow Apple products will really infilterate and saturate the market. pretty smart i think.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
As usual, I love the new ads! Obviously my favorite is the holday one. Seeing all the previous "Get a Mac" screenshots in the iPhoto book put a smile on my face. :)

Happy holidays, everyone! :D

Art Vandelay

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2003
I saw one last week where they were both in a box wrapped as a Christmas present. I don't remember the details but I think they were talking about being given as gifts. As PC guy is talking, Mac guy is loaded onto a hand truck by a delivery guy and hauled away to be shipped to someone.

age234

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2004
I really liked these ads when they started, the whole thing about viruses and stuff was great. But as others have said, now we're starting back down the road of "Macs are toys".

Maybe if "Mac" in the ads was balancing checkbooks AND making books in iPhoto it would work, but at this point I almost think they're doing more harm than good, unless they're trying the "get 'em early" approach by targeting ten-year-olds. But they don't give me much to say when the "Macs are toys" argument comes up.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
no matter how many times i watch it, i still think it's pretty hilarious. maybe i'm just easily amused.

i wonder if Apple is targeting the kids today, so that when they grow up tomorrow Apple products will really infilterate and saturate the market. pretty smart i think.

Yes, well it lots of people thought it was pretty smart to focus on and nearly completely own the education market (read kids) 20+ years ago as well.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
I saw one last week where they were both in a box wrapped as a Christmas present. I don't remember the details but I think they were talking about being given as gifts. As PC guy is talking, Mac guy is loaded onto a hand truck by a delivery guy and hauled away to be shipped to someone.

Art Vandelay! Ha! Love it. Problem is some folks here may have not been born yet when Art was making the rounds on NBC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.