Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
I have had a leather case from Case mate from day one but did not care for the belt clip...Needless to say I have been hand holding the phone waiting for this holster to arrive. Well worth the wait!! Its a very solid feel while each side is lined with leather..The holsters belt clip is 100 times more solid than the leather case clip. The inner holster is lined with soft velve in order to prevent scratching. The iphone screen never touches this area, resting more on the leather case when inserted into the holster

The design is to allow the case and holster to function together. Very Very solid feel when together. The case is not lose while in the holster preventing the phone from droping on the floor when removing.

Highly recomend

Lastly the round imprints on the Holster in pic 2 and 4 are from the bubble wrap it came packed in

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 324

neo1

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
I have had a leather case from Case mate from day one but did not care for the belt clip...Needless to say I have been hand holding the phone waiting for this holster to arrive. Well worth the wait!! Its a very solid feel while each side is lined with leather..The holsters belt clip is 100 times more solid than the leather case clip. The inner holster is lined with soft velve in order to prevent scratching. The iphone screen never touches this area, resting more on the leather case when inserted into the holster

The design is to allow the case and holster to function together. Very Very solid feel when together. The case is not lose while in the holster preventing the phone from droping on the floor when removing.

Highly recomend

Lastly the round imprints on the Holster in pic 2 and 4 are from the bubble wrap it came packed in

Nice where did you get the holster from. I have the other piece and just unscrewed the mount for the clip and have been keeping it in my pocket but i really like that holster:)

vespagirl

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Connecticut

Highly recomend

This looks awesome, exactly what I'm looking for.
Query for ya, maybe two...
Can you use the phone at all while it's in the holster and sleeve facing out?
The exposed corner, is that an issue at all? My luck, that would be the one corner to take a hit if I dropped it.

macrobat

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2006
I have tried many cases and have been disappointed with all of them to say the least I read your post and hunted down the case-mate at a local AT&T store and so far I couldnt be happier I was originally trying to find a case to get me by till the iskin revo came out but to tell you the truth I dont think I will need it any more the case really adds to the sexiness of the phone instead of taking it away like most silicone and hard shell cases now my only thing is to find that holster since they are out of stock online and at all stores good call on this case

amalone87

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007
Nice holster!!! Do you think it would work if I had the Incase Silicone case on it? I wish that there was a holster for that case.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Case Mate

Highly recomend

Thanks for posting! I ordered the Case Mate combo (leather flip case + holster).
http://www.case-mate.com/s.nl/it.A/id.297/.f
I had a case like yours, loved it but returned it. I decided that I wanted the flip case because it covers the screen. I read about someone who dropped their iPhone after having it only one day and shattered the glass. Must have thrown it somehow :D Anyway it seemed as though the flip case may add some measure of protection for the screen (while out of the holster). I did not like the ratchet clip that comes with the Case Mate iPhone cases. It kept unscrewing :mad: Just read where you have to screw it in real tight so that this doesn't happen.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I just purchased the same case you have, but not the holster. So far I'm loving it. It's stylish and pretty minimal when compared to other cases I have seen. $34.99 is a little pricey, but I think it's worth it for a $600 device.

The only thing is... I ruined the plastic sleeve that came with it. :( Stupid me got fingerprints on it so I said screw it and ended up throwing it away. While we're on the topic, does anyone know of any cheap plastic sleeves that go onto the screen? I'm not talking about $15 sleeves either. That's just crazy.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I just purchased the same case you have, but not the holster. So far I'm loving it. It's stylish and pretty minimal when compared to other cases I have seen. $34.99 is a little pricey, but I think it's worth it for a $600 device.

The only thing is... I ruined the plastic sleeve that came with it. :( Stupid me got fingerprints on it so I said screw it and ended up throwing it away. While we're on the topic, does anyone know of any cheap plastic sleeves that go onto the screen? I'm not talking about $15 sleeves either. That's just crazy.

Yep, I almost did the same thing (finger prints on the plastic screen) but saw the warning just in time :rolleyes:

amalone87

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007
I already had the case and I ordered the holster Saturday. It says on the website that the holster doesn't ship until July 25th. How did you get yours? How fast was the shipping on your holster. I am going on vacation Saturday and would like to have it by then, but I don't think I will.

RickR

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2006
Very nice case! I've been looking for a holster case that allows me to take my phone out completely if desired but I have the option of using it within the case if need be. I'm wondering if you can place the phone in the case so that people can't see what it is, some the leather backing is facing out, not the screen of the iPhone.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I have the case and holster - I love them.

Where did you get the holster? I ordered mine through Case Mate and the web site states:

Signature iPhone Holster
Enhance your experience. For people on the go who desire more complete protection for their Apple iPhone, our case works perfectly with this sleek leather holster.
Handcrafted from the world's finest-grade Italian leather which is wrapped around an impact resistant molded shell, the form-fit leather cradle will hold your iPhone while in our leather case so your phone remains fully protected at all times. It’s the most secure way to carry your phone on your belt while increasing protection. The holster comes with a multi-directional, 360-degree ratcheting belt clip which allows for adjustability and maximum comfort while standing or sitting.

NOTE:The holster is designed to be used exclusively with our signature/flip cases.

Availability: Ships on July 25th, 2007

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I already had the case and I ordered the holster Saturday. It says on the website that the holster doesn't ship until July 25th. How did you get yours? How fast was the shipping on your holster. I am going on vacation Saturday and would like to have it by then, but I don't think I will.

Same here . . . ordered but not shipped yet. The web site DOES indicate July 25th as the shipping date. Maybe the poster has another holster and not the Case Mate brand.

neo1

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
Same here . . . ordered but not shipped yet. The web site DOES indicate July 25th as the shipping date. Maybe the poster has another holster and not the Case Mate brand.

They update the shipping date. I called they are out of stock and that is the next available shipping date. Said they where swamped and not prepared for such a high demand. This case is awesome, just waiting on the holster:)

Lenow

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Leather Holster is Impressive

I just got my leather holster today. It is really a very impressive product. The phone fits in both forward and back. The soft lining both protects the phone and also holds it snugly. It feels like a very solid holder and the belt clip is top notch with a strong ratchet mechanism for side holding. I will be switching back and forth between just using the case and using the holster. The case actually works very well if you really screw the plastic holder in as tight as you can so it doesn't loosen when the phone sits on your belt. All in all, this is an impressive product by CAse Mate and I am going to stick with it. My significant other is waiting for a Sena case so we will see how well that one stacks up.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Very nice case! I've been looking for a holster case that allows me to take my phone out completely if desired but I have the option of using it within the case if need be. I'm wondering if you can place the phone in the case so that people can't see what it is, some the leather backing is facing out, not the screen of the iPhone.

I think the flip case by Case Mate does this. :cool:

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I just got my leather holster today. It is really a very impressive product. The phone fits in both forward and back. The soft lining both protects the phone and also holds it snugly. It feels like a very solid holder and the belt clip is top notch with a strong ratchet mechanism for side holding. I will be switching back and forth between just using the case and using the holster. The case actually works very well if you really screw the plastic holder in as tight as you can so it doesn't loosen when the phone sits on your belt. All in all, this is an impressive product by CAse Mate and I am going to stick with it. My significant other is waiting for a Sena case so we will see how well that one stacks up.

When did you place the order for your holster? It was my understanding that you can place the iPhone with the case in the holster. Why would you have to switch back and forth? :confused:

Lenow

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Clip Can't Be sued with Holster

When did you place the order for your holster? It was my understanding that you can place the iPhone with the case in the holster. Why would you have to switch back and forth? :confused:

Well, sometimes I will want to use the belt clip on the case only and not use the holster. Nes pa?

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Well, sometimes I will want to use the belt clip on the case only and not use the holster. Nes pa?

Okay, I get it now ;)

Can't wait to get my flip case combo! Looks totally protected (with the case) while inserted in the holster. How is the ratchet clip on the holster different, if at all, than the screw on ratchet clip on back of the flip case?

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
This is what I'm using while waiting on my Case Mate order.
The iPhone fits perfectly and the other separate compartment is used for keys (key ring attached), change, etc.

Lenow

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Clips on HOlster and case

Okay, I get it now ;)

Can't wait to get my flip case combo! Looks totally protected (with the case) while inserted in the holster. How is the ratchet clip on the holster different, if at all, than the screw on ratchet clip on back of the flip case?

The holster clip is about 30% larger in order to hold the holster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.