new HP laptops run OS 9?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stiv41, Jan 23, 2003.

1. stiv41 macrumors newbie

according to this ad in today's new york times, the new HP laptops are running netscape in OS 9!

[​IMG]

close up:
    [​IMG]

2. coolbreeze macrumors 65816

Haha. Looks like the marketing guru's put the wrong simulated image on the laptop. At the bottom of the ad it says HP laptops use Genuine Microsoft Windows. (as if we didn't know that.

DOH!

3. dmilla_1 macrumors newbie

Very interesting...I wonder if there wasn't some die hard Mac production guy at some ad agency who slipped that in on purpose...???

This should really ad some fire to the whole Marklar thing...Apparently Apple has been working on a classic version too :D

4. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I've seen loads and loads of images like that. its very common. Sometimes I'll see PC only web services advertised with mac OS interface in the print ads.

5. DeadlyBreakfast macrumors regular

Hahahahah..Im gonna call HP and insist they sell me the one in the ad..hahahahahaha...

*picks up phone*

6. DeadlyBreakfast macrumors regular

Call 1 888 999 4747...thats HPs phone number. The guy was totally confused!! hahahahahahah

7. alset macrumors 65816

alset

I am surprised how often these mistakes appear in ads. You would think that any marketing firm with enough clout to get an account with HP would have tons of M$ screenies to work with, not to mention that the difference is so obvious that it could only be complete disregard for doing a decent ad.

Dan

8. coolbreeze macrumors 65816

By the way, who the heck brings their laptop and printer (and prints stuff) in a coffee shop? I can understand a laptop (wireless LAN, etc) but a printer? Maybe I'm naive...

9. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Yeah, that's a good question.:D I can't believe they put OS 9 on there. They also say in the ad that the HP 15" display is big. I guess they haven't seen the 17" Powerbooks.:p

10. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

lol.
    Thats really funny.

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i wish she'd sit down. she's making me nervous.

12. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Well, why would you want to advertise the Microsoft UI? Ha! If they really want them to sell, use the OS X GUI. What better way to quietly make fun of M$ than to show a Mac OS and Netscape on your system. I'm sure HP hates the outrageous prices M$ charges them to include their Windows software.