New I-mac in Japan

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by yurko_1987, Feb 16, 2002.

1. yurko_1987 macrumors newbie

When I was walking down the street, in Japan, I saw this guy walking with a box. On that box there was a pixture of a PC and windows XP.:( I felt sorry for him. 5 minutes later I was the other guy with different box. On that box there was a picture of a """NEW""" I mac!!!

New I - mac has been released in Japan.:cool: :D :cool:

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

i ordered mine online today at last!!!

hey! i know you!!!

irmongoose

3. Biggles macrumors member

Re: New I-mac in Japan

well that's cool and all, but learn how to write iMac correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. kansaigaijin macrumors 6502

Re: Re: New I-mac in Japan

hey thats how we spell it here, and you dont want to guess how it is pronounced.
    Thats why it is called Engrish.
    I thought the emac was pretty cool too. But when you see it in the flesh(so to speak) the base looks big and the screen small. When will we get a Rev B with a bigger screen, any guesses? 2005?

Hey! That was you in Porta with the box!
    Look the other way!
    so lets go after all the posters that make spelling usage/errors, obviously if they do that they cant know gomi about anything, right?

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

So is that how Apple spells it in Japan? I - mac? What about iPod, iTunes, iPhoto, iDVD, iTools, and the like? I'm curious...

6. kansaigaijin macrumors 6502

Apples spelling

go survey the typical thread and look for spelling and grammer errors. My bet is that you will find problems in just about every one of them. Some are obviously people who dont usually communicate in english. But many have interesting info to share, computer usage tips to reveal and help to dispense, and witty comments to make. Most readers understand them, and dont let spelling errors get in the way of enjoying themselves. . .

So I am wondering, why would Biggles feel the need to make such a comment?
    Let the guy enjoy his new Apple computer, whatever you call it. Jealous maybe?

7. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Biggles is probably just a perfectionist (hence the reason why he uses a mac ;) )

8. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Japan

Good thing that they are selling in other countries, I am happy.

9. Biggles macrumors member

and I was just bored so I felt like saying something about it :)

P.S. i never knew that's how they spell it in Japan. Learn something new everyday.

10. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Cultural significance.

Is there any cultural significance to calling the iMac an I-Mac in Japan?

Just curious.

Matthew

11. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Re: Apples spelling

It's "grammar."
    (I'm kidding here.)

Eh, I don't think there's any need to get all sensitive about it. I doubt the guy meant anything by it. He just didn't understand.

Doesn't look like it. Apple Japan still lists it as "iMac." Let's face it, though: I'm amazed the stupid capitalization games companies play today in inventing trademarks make sense to Americans, much less people who don't primarily use the Roman alphabet.

I can guess, but I'd like it a lot better if they kept the English pronunciation. Think of the ad campaign: "Fall in love with the new ai-Mac." :)

Anyhow, omedetou gozaimasu, yurko_1987! Enjoy your new Mac!

12. kansaigaijin macrumors 6502

watashiwaMac

it is a watashiwaMac. There is no cultural sig to I-mac.

Anyway you can go to the Apple store (online) and check out the versions for other countries, I think only the Airport card and base station have different names here.
    I guess you missed the point. I suppose I didnt make it very well.
    iMac
    uMac
    weMac
    theyMax!

13. moyashi macrumors newbie

hmmmm interesting ..... I haven't seen an I-mac yet ... and I've been here 9 years.

Maybe they can't spell in Osaka!

14. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

hey spell it however the hell you want buddy...fact is you have a mac you are free to think and spell how you please...welcome aboard!

15. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

hey! yurko didnt get an iMac!! I did!!!

By the way, for you japanese guys out there... I went to Tzone and BicCamera today (17th) and they had the new iMac.. its beautiful. They said they just got it in yesterday (16th).

And, Japan doesnt spell iMac as I-Mac. Yurko spelled it wrong because he's a Linux user (he's my friend). And he didnt get the new iMac. He might..... but he didnt. I DID!!!!!

Okay, I'll stop jabbering.

irmongoose