New iBook 14'' and iLife '05

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mintlivedotcom, Jan 27, 2005.

1. mintlivedotcom macrumors regular

Okay, so my pregnant wife wanted a laptop to work on her online teaching courses and was complaining about using my G4 Powermac in the office. She wanted to be able to lie in bed and work! Good idea!

The thing is, I bought iLife '05 as soon as it came out. I assumed only the new Apple Mini came with iLife '05. Well, I opened up the iBook box last night...and noticed the iLife '05 install discs (it was labeled as an "insert").

Am I the only one who got "tricked" into buying iLife '05 seperately?

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Well, technically you should have a separate copy for both your computer and your wife's computer, so you haven't really been tricked at all. I think Apple was pretty clear that it would come with all new Macs, not just the Mac mini.

3. mintlivedotcom thread starter macrumors regular

You are correct - I just saw it on their website, but didn't notice it before.

Since I try to be honest as much as possible, I agree, the iLife '05 I bought should go on my Powermac and the one that came with her iBook should go on her iBook!

Ok, no more posts on this thread!

4. madddogg macrumors newbie

Sorry, but I'd love to know where you read that the website... I can't find this.

-Jason

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it from the Press Release... which can be found here:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005/jan/11ilife.html