Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romain

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2001
Apple is giving $100 back for Ibook purchase.
I say we are going to see at least a bigger screen on those little sucker!

[Edited by Romain on 12-21-2001 at 06:32 PM]

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Dude....... take a f--kin pill

What flew up YOUR shorts? Apple's pattern has a discount preceding Rev in every previous case. If you just bought an entry level Mac not 2 months before Macworld yer a sucker. If you were ignorant and only recently discovered the release, get over it.

samy85114

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2001
what?

I'm not agree with you, well, i dont understand why are you saying "****er" about it. For myself, the ibook is very cool... some of my friend told about the small size of the screen, but when comes the time you work on it, it's not that bad. By the way, do you know when it gonna be release, and do u have some specification about it ??? i want to know more about that !

Romain

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2001
I don't see what the problem here.
I saw apple's move as a sign of an upcoming release, of a new Ibook. Maybe with a larger screen.
You have to relaxe guys!!!!

Another thing; Isn't cool that Powerlogix as released a upgrade G4 for the G3 PowerBook!

[Edited by Romain on 12-21-2001 at 06:38 PM]

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Harmoni

Take a look at the Harmoni iMac upgrade by Sonnet. Firewire for the rev A-D. BTW, not biting YOUR head off....rekras needs to check his ego at the door is all.

Romain

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2001
I'm always amaised to see upgrade like those coming out for our Mac. It woouldn't happen on a PC.
you would never see upgrade for a Laptop, or a all -in -one Window product.

DannyZR2

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2001
Texas
HARMONi

I can't believe we are still seeing NO Harmoni! They said to expect it 4th quarter, but I believe this is wrapping up!

I can't wait to breathe new life into my 'classic' iMac. And I sure hope the reason they are delayed is to ensure iPod compatibility with the Firewire! that has got to work!

500Mhz rev. a iMac 'DV'

I love it!

DannyZR2

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2001
Texas
about the iBook

Hmm. wonder if the Quanta order of LCD screens was for the next gen iBook rather than a new LCD iMac.

anyone think the order was large enough to sport both?

I don't remember the number of the order that was reported. 100,000????

only a couple weeks now

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
There will be larger screen ibooks in the future (march maybe). The order was for 15" I believe, not suitable for ibook because it would be roughly the same size as the powerbook! IF the ibooks screen is increased it will be a 13.1 or 13.7" screen no bigger.

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
New recruits

Looks like Spikey and Monkey have a new follower: rekras.

Oh good. More random rude comments that make no sense. :)

Where's spikey been, anyway? did he quit macrumors?

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
Wasn't the iBook...

Just revised in Novemember? Didn't they speed bump the models???

If they did, why would they bother introducing a newer model 2mo after???

Idiots!!!

The $100 rebate is probably done to help the sagging computer industry!

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Re: Wasn't the iBook...

Here in the uk the build time of systems from the on-line store has increased from 1 day - 7 days for the ibook in the last few days?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I can't help but to think it's simply too soon for a major update with the iBook...

I'm thinking we're definitely going to get a new iMac & possibly new G4 or G5 towers...

but that's it...

however, I've been know to be wrong at times!

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
how about ibook in colors

i know this sounds stupid, but i bet the options for some colors still would help sales

personally i think a flower power G5 and ibook would sell very well and a dalmation tibook would be the **** for all time...what do you guys think?

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Have to disagree with you on this one Jef. I think Apple did a fantastic job with their mulit-color approach back in 98, but thats where it should stay.

Apple has a much more sophisticated, semi-professional look now with the midtone greys, whites and silvers--much like the auto industry has. (Remember the lime green Mustang? Im glad most higher end cars are now black, white, silver, and gold) I think they would be taking a step back in time to re-use their old color scheme. Its not innovative.

Wonder what Apple's next design move will be in their G5 model? (whenever it comes out) Im predicting the first-ever glossy black Apple tower. Kinda like the Pismo's, but glossy.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
G5 Colors

For some reason when ever I think of G5 I imagine a computer similar to the cube but in a burning orange approaching a red.

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Maaaaaaaaaaan......

Jeff I thought you were being serious. I know you are the 'old man' of macrumors, but I didnt think you'd go senile so fast.......

Ha ha. Yeah, got me.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
g5

i had to gas up ten minutes ago and i saw a purple/maroonish mustang, was that stock?

if the g5 were butt ugly, i think most professonals would not care too much anyway since the darn thing is always under a messy desk somewhere and the graphics pro is more interested in meeting the deadline

plus most of them have an ugly beige sony monitor on their desk because of the crt's still superior color critical precision

who ever thought of beige mini-towers, and why did that color catch on?

...not to mention, why are the pc makers still using that shade of beige still? at least sony and hp try something new with purple and grey and that is better than compaq 5000 series and their beige...yet it's still the pc world's number one selling and top rated computer box

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Colors

Maroon Mustang? Yeah, I think that was stock. I know they had a bunch of goofy colors 3-4 years back. I dont know for sure though.

> plus most of them have an ugly beige sony monitor on their desk because of the crt's still superior color critical precision

extremely true. No LCD's can color synch with good precision.

Wasnt the Apple the first beige-colored PC? I think the average boring consumer feels 'comfortable' with beige. If it aint a boring gray box, then it is just a toy. it doesnt work 'hard' unless its boring.

I like the Blue SGI's and the Black IBMs. They look nice. Still, nothing has topped the Apple. COmpaq has tried, but nothing matches the simplicity and design of the high-end Apple.

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
the new g5 is gonna sport a oldschool funky fresh color called "illmatic" complete with neon green and adidas stripes down the side :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.