New iBook for old iBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by R.Youden, Jul 26, 2005.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

My dad just purchased an iBook from Apple via a work scheme yesterday. Now with the new iBooks comming out today I have seen people mention on these boards where Apple will swap a computer that is a couple of days old for a new one.

Is there any truth in this? If so, how do you go about doing this...

Thanks

Richard

2. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

I am pretty sure they will ship him the newer model since he ordered it yesterday. But I am not 100% correct on this. Anyone else?

Don

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

If he ordered a BTO, it definitely will be the new one coming. Just call Apple and ask.

4. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

5. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

6. dcv macrumors G3

If you buy a stock model from an Apple retail store in the UK then you have a 14 day return period and there is no fee should you decide to return/exchange it. If you buy online you still get the 14 day cooling off period but if you decide to return it you are liable to pay transportation charges (£60) - I found this on the Terms & Conditions page on the Apple Store UK site.

Give Apple a call or email them with the web order number to double-check this.

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

8. danny_w macrumors 601

If it was not BTO and was not opened, you can probably return it without charge. If it was BTO it cannot be returned. If it has been opened and there is nothing wrong with it, I think you will pay a restocking fee. I could be wrong on any of this, but that is what I have heard.