New iBook G3 HD

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Pistol Pete, May 23, 2006.

1. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

The Hard Drive I may Buy.

The iBook I am getting...(800mhz)

and doubts or suggestions? I heard that hitachi travelstars are great laptop hd's so i figure i would go with that.

anyways. if there are better deals out there that i should be aware of please let me know!

Thanks a lot!

-Peter

2. Mernak macrumors 6502

not exactly completely on topic but i would just like to mention that the HD is one of the hardest parts to replace on a iBook in case you didn't already know that, ifixit.com has good guide.. I have basically the same comp. right now and i would just like to say that it would be nice to havve the 60 gig HD.

3. Pistol Pete thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

well actually also off topic i recieved the ibook today and i think the logi board is dead....I am going into apple to see what i can work out tomorrow.

wish me luck.

back on topic. I do know that haha and I think im just going to have someone do it for me...

Thanks.

4. 9Charms macrumors regular

9Charms

If you're going to do it, you may as well go to 7200 RPM. Sure it costs more, but I think it's worth it. I've done this in my Albook and have noticed a big difference. It's like having a desktop, except not.

5. Pistol Pete thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

well the thing is its a 900mhz g3 so i really dont know how much faster it would be...consider battery life as well...