new ibook g4 pics

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MIXMAN3113, Oct 29, 2003.

1. MIXMAN3113 macrumors newbie

2. cubist macrumors 68020

I click 'em but they don't open. Which model did you get? How's the case feel? I heard it had a rubberized case like the original iBook. How's the keyboard? What's your xbench score? Does it get hot?

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Ruberised case?? COOl!! can you please fix the link! I have been looking everywhere for new pics of the G4 iBook and cant find any (besides apple's website.)

4. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

5. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

The whole thing is plastic. I saw one at the Apple Store in Walnut Creek. And when I say the whole thing, I mean the WHOLE thing... hinge, mouse button, and palmrests included. It looks cheap to be honest.

6. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

Re: new ibook g4 pics

blah :eek: , yahoo has been acting kinda flaky today. i blame a pc user.

i can't remember what the low end dell latitude priced out at. but i'm sure the ibook is quite a competition for it. it looks cheap! which is just my powerbooks flavor :D i want to check out the pics once yahoo stops flaking out.

7. MIXMAN3113 thread starter macrumors newbie

the link does work , i just tried it .its just a little slow to load the images because the pics r a decent size, the case isnt rubberized at all its very smooth and slick and the keyboard is the same flip out type as the previous ibook .but its not all spongy like the old ones its sort of a mix of the new pb's and the last ibooks keyboards combined .i like it alot ..also it doesnt get too hot just the left palm rest , but its not hot , just warm....its still comfy to type on and to rest my hand on.

i ran xbench 4 times and had a consistent 69. something everytime. also, ive been getting between 4.5 - 5 hours out of it ...4.5 while watching an hour long dvd and burning a 12 song cd and 5 just doing normal work and surfing the internet.

anyway, if you cant open the link go to www.spymac.com and go to the harware section in the forums ... i also have a post there with the link to my pics of it .hope this helps, im very happy with my purchase.

8. lewdvig macrumors 65816

69 seems really slow.

XBench sux. Rip a CD or something. I think your iBook is faster than XB suggests. I hope so since I plan on buying one.

9. huntsman macrumors member

Took forever to download them (what a slow site), but thanks for the pics, mixman :)

I ordered the 12" last week but it hasn't arrived yet. How is yours from a noise perspective? Does the fan run constantly or only when the system is under load or in a hot environment? Can it be heard when it's on?

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yet another great reason why to buy .mac, haha. get those pictures working so we can see.

iJon

11. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

the pics are loading really slow for me. but i can't wait to see some pics.

i'll have to get into a Apple re-seller as soon as i can.

12. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

You took the words right out of my mouth!

13. Mr. MacPhisto macrumors 6502

I saw one and touched on at the Apple Store and think the opposite. Have you ever touched a Dell laptop? That is cheap. BTW, the hinge is metal, not plastic. The plastic is very durable, high quality molding. The keyboard actually functions better than most all PC laptops I've used. Does it look cheap compared to the Powerbooks? Yes. Compared to PC laptops it's up against, its build quality is far superior.

14. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

in apple's site they look more grayish. got to see alive ..

hey - don't call him/her/it cheap. the computers do get pissed off when they hear something like that.

oh - i wonder how to keep that model of ibook clean. i hope it's easy, and it'll look still virgin white after years of use.

15. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

actually apple started off with the gray color, but with the last 2 ibook revisions they switched to a more crystal white.

iJon

16. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

I believe Apple uses a type of plastic that is also used in bulletproof glass.

17. dieselg4 macrumors regular

dieselg4

Price differnce - (someone brougth it up)

Just because . . Here is a price comparison of a 12" iBook and a 12" Dell Laptop

Dell Insprion 1100 (value priced power, or so it says)
    Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.2GHz,14.1 XGA
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
    Inegrated Graphics
    512MB Shared DDR,266Mhz,2 Dimms,PC2100 SDRAM
    60GB 4200 RPM Ultra ATA Hard Drive
    24X CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive with Roxios Easy CD Creator®
    Productivity Pack including WordPerfect® and Money®
    Microsoft® Plus! Digital Media Edition ($20, sim. to iLife apps)
    Dell Jukebox powered by MUSICMATCH
    integrated Modem, Network Card
    TrueMobile 1300 802.11b/g PC Card
    1 Year Limited Warranty plus 1 Year Mail-In Service
    Belkin Notebook Surge Protector & USB 2.0 Mini Hub Bundle (I couldn't get rid of this!?)
    $1420
    Note: there was no bluetooth option, wirelss card is external, mediocre graphics

iBook 14.1"
    g4 933
    640 MB Ram
    60G Harddrive
    Airport Extreme
    Integrated modem, ethernet
    ATI 32MB Radeon Mobility
    $1598

Pretty close, huh? I didn't choose the celeron because (i think) it basically a crippled Pentium. I'll call it the G3 of the Intel world. No G3's, then no Celerons. Fair enough.