New iBook G4

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Pilgrims Pro, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Pilgrims Pro macrumors regular

Hey I just bought a new iBook G4 14". I got the 933MHz with maxed out RAM, Airport Extreme card and I added Office X (need it for work). I am really happy with it so far. I was really looking forward to this Mac. It came with with 10.3.1.

Any recommendations for a chat client, I have never really liked iChat, and I want to be able to connect to AIM and Yahoo?

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Yahoo Messenger (www.yahoo.com) and AIM (www.aim.com)

:)

Oh, try out rendezvous if you ever operate on a LAN with other OSX users who use iChat. It is awesome.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've been wanting to try out Rendezvous for quite a while now. It would help if I knew someone else with a Mac :(

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Rendezvous is pretty cool. But what's this "if I knew someone else with a Mac?" 95% of the people I talk to on rendezvous I have never met before :)

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Doesn't Rendezvous only work on a LAN? There are only 4 people on my LAN, and I'm the only one with a Mac.

6. Pilgrims Pro thread starter macrumors regular

I have a question.....The battery on my iBook does not sit flush in all four corners. On the bottom left corner of the battery it sets away from the rest of the laptop. Is it something I should call Apple about, or are most iBooks like this?

Thanks!

7. Nicky G macrumors 6502a

Nicky G

It's normal, they have always been like this.