Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
AcousticDoc said:
well I'm at the store right now and they said they won't have them for about a week.
I suppose it all matters on what store it is, because I called an Apple Store today and they said probably later in the week. I will call them Thursday. I will call Comp-USA tomorrow and see if they have any new ones in stock. Who knows, maybe Comp-USA has less of a shipping speed priority with Apple, so the iBooks may arrive there slower. However, maybe the priority doesn't matter, and not a lot of people will buy at the Comp-USA store, so hopefully they will have some in stock. You never know until you try! I have been waiting SOOOOOOO long for this update, now I want one as soon as possible! :D I will get the iBook 14" model, with the stock configuration. I will also buy an AirPort Express Base Station, and some sort of case for the iBook.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I am guessing most of the Apple retail stores will have them by tomorrow. The iBooks are either already there just waiting for launch or in shipment.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
skubish said:
I am guessing most of the Apple retail stores will have them by tomorrow. The iBooks are either already there just waiting for launch or in shipment.

That's comforting to know. Maybe I will call the Apple Store tomorrow instead of Thursday after all. I just don't want to be a nag and have them getting a call from me everyday, "Hi. Do you hace the new iBooks in stock yet?" LOL.
:)

Likelife

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2005
Expecting them to be there, I went to the Boca Raton store during lunch. I asked for the new 12" iBook and the guy went to the back and got a white box for me. Looking at the details, I realized it was the old one (1.2ghz, 256mb RAM, etc.).

He then decided to tell me they didn't have it yet. It might arrive today (it hasn't) or tomorrow. I was annoyed at the bait-n-switch attempt, but I'll still buy it whenever they get it.

Since I'll be down in Miami tomorrow, I called the Aventura store. They expect it by the end of the week. I called the Boca store back this afternoon, and while they have the new Mac Mini, they don't expect the iBooks until Friday or so.

Where in South Florida can I buy a new 12" iBook?

Likelife

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2005
CoMpX said:
Do you have any Comp-USA stores in your area? They carry Apples, why not give them a try?
Yeah, there are a couple in my area. I'll try them today, but I doubt they'll get it in stock before the Apple Stores.

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
I received contradictory information each time I called.

The first person I spoke to told me they were not in, and would not be in for a few days. Then said to call back each day after 2pm. I asked if the old iBooks were available at a discount. And he told me they were all sold out.

I called back after 2pm then and spoke to someone else. She told me not for about a week and also that they did have the 12" iBooks available for a $100 discount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.