new ibook makes a happy switcher

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by newmaccanada, Aug 28, 2005.

1. newmaccanada macrumors member

I just got a new (though last model) ibook 14 inch 133 MHz superdrive and it's easy to understand how Apple creates Mac converts.

I have been a PC user since 1987 (my first dos machine didn't even have a hard-drive). Over the years I have had a bunch of Windows pcs, including my latest Sony Vaio desktop sitting now behind the ibook as I type this message. It has been a good machine, no probs, but almost everyday I need to run spy sweeper -- argg.

I got the ibook on Fri (it was already set up by a univ. technician). I brought it home, turned it on and it immediately recognized my home wireless network. I played around with it, loaded some photos into iphoto, did some amzingly easy edits and created a great slideshow of my summer holidays.

Yesteday I installed a 1G ram chip (from Canadaram) -- again amazingly easy. Now this machine is humming!

Reading this forum and others helped me to make the decision to purchase the ibook as my portable. Macrumors also helped me to understand the benefits of more Ram, where to buy it and how to install it.

thanks!

2. JoeKarame macrumors regular

JoeKarame

And as I've found out, when you get your next Apple machine, just hook up the old Firewire cable and it's amazingly easy to transfer all your stuff to it!

It's just like it was...only newer! And cleaner! And slightly bigger! WoO-HOo!

3. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Superb!! :cool:

A happy switcher, that's what we all like to hear!! Glad you like you're Mac!

A super story all-round!! :D

4. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Congrats!! I hope you enjoy many years with your iBook. :cool: