New iBook-Mold lines/marks?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by smileynev, Nov 25, 2003.

1. smileynev macrumors newbie

I just fired up my new iBook g4 800, and everything seems to be running great, except there are a few marks on the inside palm rest and around the screen. They seem to be a part of the plastic. I'm not too worried, but I am curious if other iBook g4 owners have similar "imperfections"?

2. GigaWire macrumors 6502

Yes-

I really can't believe this! I expect better from Apple. I was surprised when I saw them too, and it reminded me of the Cube moldy problems from back then when it was being sold. But now, well it's the iBook and I can't help but wonder, what next? I expect mass manufacturing to be precise and perfect, each a copy after a copy, but it seems Apple has their line operators drink funny syrup before each shift so that you have these computers coming off of the lines with their moldiness, which I would expect from Dell or plastic shelves bought at a Dollar Store, but form Apple? Really. Enough is enough, and they need to think about what they are doing to their market when the release these moldy iBooks, Cubes, and other stuff that I am sure will later be released and moldy too.

3. smileynev thread starter macrumors newbie

Where are your marks located?

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I have an iBook G4 800 and have not noticed any imperfections at all (other than the user ;)). Can you post some pics about what you're speaking of?

5. smileynev thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have a digicam, or I would. The one by the trackpad looks like a line about an inch to an inch and a half long, barely noticeable. There are also "smudges", one on the wrist rest and one underneath the screen by the hinge, slightly larger then the head of a pin.

6. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

It's the iBook, what do you expect?

Dude, it's the iBook. The plastic scratches so easily, it's ridiculous. It probably happened when it was being packaged or something. I had the iBook G4 for a while before I returned it for a PowerBook, and I had the same "problem." But they aren't really noticeable at all, unless you put the iBook in direct light. If you want a perfect enclosure, get a PowerBook. This aluminum is impossible to scratch.